Chapter 5- Spirit, Elf, and Demon

Asta and Yuno kept their gazes directly on the Dragon Sun of Wrath, unable to comprehend the awesome power of Meliodas's true Demonic heritage as the eldest son of the one equalling the forces of light itself, the Demon King. Asta was the most affected out of the two. Even though Yuno was terrified to his core, Asta sensed the great danger coming from Meliodas's ki. It was a focus on pure violence alone, but nothing could be said if it was either good or evil. To worsen the situation, Asta's own Grimoire began to shake uncontrollably. Ever since discovering the Demon hidden deep within his Grimoire, Asta has made little interaction, nor did he care to even consider talking to him at all. Despite that, Asta understood that his Grimoire's state could be explained by the Demon residing in it. It seemed even such a entity as itself was left fearful of what was to come, hoping at the minimum for the acceptance of mercy from a superior member of its species. This fight, would determine all that they were capable of, and what they can accomplish when faced with impossible odds.

"I grow tired of your impertinence. Avoid this fight, I can't promise a swift defeat..." Meliodas warned, hoping to avoid any more pain between all three of them.

Faced down with an opponent wielding mana of a higher level from a superior class of warrior, most men would pray for salvation. Unfortunately for Meliodas's mental-wellbeing, Asta and Yuno had a determination unlike any other.

With their backs in the corners and an opponent unlike anything ever anticipated, the two brothers grinned at the thrill of the challenge. Confidence now overshadowing paralysis, and adrenaline at its pinnacle, Asta reached into his Five-Leaf Clover Grimoire to reveal the Demon-Slayer Sword in his hand, preparing to show his adaptability with dual-wielding. Yuno charged even greater concentrated winds around his body, forming a small hurricane that lifted him off the ground. As he became more airborne, he started summoning a bright glow from his hands, soon forming a physical shape that resembled a large double-edged long sword, shining as enchantingly lime green as his whole form.

"WIND SPIRIT CREATION MAGIC! SPIRIT OF ZEPHYR!!!" Yuno announced his spell with prideful determination. Holding his magically summoned blade pointing at Meliodas's distraught look, he stared the Demon down with a grin that screamed out encouraging bravado, as he knew that he had a chance now.

"YEAH! AND, uh... ANTI-MAGIC DUAL DEMON STYLE!!!" Asta added, making up a cool sounding line just for the thrill of announcing his might like any actual magic user in the Clover Kingdom.

"... 'Dual Demon Style'? You are terrible at coming up with names..." Yuno deadpanned, turning his attention on the shorter teen, whilst Asta turned to face him as well with an enraged look.

"SHUT UP YUNO! YOU ALWAYS SHOUT AWESOME ATTACK NAMES! I WANT THAT KINDA AWESOMENESS AS WELL, EVEN IF I CAN'T USE MAGIC!"

The two soon became engaged in a heated argument about spell pronunciation. Meliodas didn't look down on their childish behaviour however. Instead, he earned a small smile by how carefree they were. Even though he could create the facade of such a cheerful persona, he could never use it to repent for the sins hidden deep in his soul. He was responsible for countless tragedies, both as leader of the Ten Commandments and when betraying them, slaughtering his own brethren and the undeserving. Elizabeth was the only person who made him feel like he had actual meaning to the cruel twists and turns of his life. Even so, she suffered for indulging in his life, as did the entire Goddess Clan. Watching Asta and Yuno acting so carefree with each other reminded him of a simpler time. The moments before he began using a sword, and the moments he had after with the greatest of friends. Through all of that fake smiling, there was some truth behind his ever so classic wide grin.

Meliodas soon reverted to a negative look, from merciless to actual regret. He had hoped he would not have to spill innocent blood once more, but fate was never one to favour upon his life. Holding his sword offensively, and his power enhancing by the second, he began pursuit on ending the fight between Asta and Yuno of Hage Village.