Chapter Nineteen

Kol and Skylar walked into the safe house where Rebekah and Hope were staying at, Skylar embraced her aunt before going up to the guest room and sleeping. The next morning Rebekah and Kol went to go feed and Skylar stayed at the house to watch hope, as the 5 month old baby was crawling around on the floor a knock came from the door, Skylar slowly walked to the door and froze when she caught the person on the other side of the doors scent "what are you doing here?" She asked with out opening the door "I wanna talk." Isaac said and Skylar swallowed thickly, she slowly opened the door to reveal Isaac.

"I didn't go to Paris." Isaac said and Skylar nodded "I can see that." "Can I come in?" Isaac asked and Skylar nodded "come in." They walked inside and sat on the couch "I'm sorry for acting like a bitch. With everything that's happened in the past two weeks I shouldn't have expected you to make a choice like that." Skylar said.

Isaac nodded "I wanna be here for you and for the baby." He said and she smiled "is being here staying in Arkansas, Beacon Hills or going to Paris?" Skylar asked "well you had a point, I do need more experience watching kids, so stay here for a while until we decide to do something else." Isaac said and Skylar nodded.

Skylar grabbed Isaac's hand and gave him a small smile "I know with everything going on we haven't exactly figured out where we stand." Skylar said and Isaac nodded "if you still want, I would very much like to be your girlfriend again." Skylar said and Isaac nodded "is this your way of asking me to get back together?" Isaac smiled and Skylar chuckled "yeah, I wanna get back together." Isaac leaned over and pecked Skylar's lips before leaning back "good because I've wanted to do that for a while." Isaac said and Skylar laughed.

That night after Skylar had put Hope to sleep her and isaac were laying in bed, Isaac was asleep but Skylar couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in, Isaac started to toss and turn while he whimpered "Is?" Skylar asked as she sat up, he continued to roll around and pant slightly "Isaac?" Skylar asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder "babe, wake up." Skylar said as she shook his shoulder "baby, wake up!" She said and shook his shoulder, he shot up gasping and panting.

"What were you dreaming about?" Skylar asked as she wiped his tears away "my dad." He whispered "baby, your dad is gone okay, he can't hurt you again." Skylar promised and Isaac nodded, he laid back down and pulled Skylar into his chest, he let the thump of his girlfriend and the baby's heart lull him back to sleep.

~~

The next morning Kol walked in with a blonde witch,
she beautiful blue eyes and a sharp jawline.

The next morning Kol walked in with a blonde witch, she beautiful blue eyes and a sharp jawline

Isaac was on the couch with hope and Skylar was in the kitchen making breakfast "popet." Kol said as he walked in, Skylar looked over her shoulder at him "hmm?" "Where's Bekah?" Kol asked and Skylar walked over to him "she went back to Klaus, who's this?" She asked and pointed to the blonde woman.

"This is Anna, she's a witch I've known for a very long time." Kol said and Skylar nodded "how long is a very long time?" Isaac asked and he tried to ignore the bad feeling he was getting from the woman "about 200 years. She's close with Marcel." Kol said and Skylar nodded "so why is she here, I thought Klaus only wanted family here."

"Well I know you haven't had a check up for the baby so I figured you could use one, Anna knows a witch off the beaten path that helps wolves, she'll help you and won't say anything." Kol explained and Anna nodded "you think I'm going to trust a complete stranger with me and my child's safety? How do I know that this witch won't tell anyone about the baby?"

"I'll be there the entire time and I'll spell the witch to forget it." Anna said and Skylar sighed as she sat down next to Isaac "you know I am a witch, one of the most powerful ones and I can easily erase or hell compel them seeing as I am an original too, right?" Skylar snarked "Skylar it's just an extra person to help if anything goes wrong." Kol explained and Skylar relented "fine." She sighed.

Later in the day Isaac and Skylar were laying in Skylar's bed "whatcha thinking about?" Skylar asked the man who was unusually quiet "us, the baby, everything that's happened in the past year." Isaac replied and Skylar nodded "anything you want to share?"

"You remember what it was like before I got the bite?" Isaac asked and Skylar shook her head "I remember what I was like back then, but not really you." "What do you remember about yourself?" Isaac asked "uh, I remember being best friends with Scott and Stiles, I was on the cheer squad, I remember I basically bullied Erica and I fought with my dad constantly. What about you?" "I didn't really have any friends, I kept to myself, played lacross and I had the biggest crush on you, but I was too scared to talk to you." Isaac admitted

"Really?" Skylar asked and he nodded "I've liked you since we met in 7th grade, when you first moved to town, and now we're both immortal and going to have a baby, how crazy is that." "Life has changed so quickly it's kind of hard to keep up." Skylar sighed and Isaac nodded "I wish my mom was still around to meet them though." She whispered "with how loving and caring your mom was with the pack, she would have been an amazing grandmother." Isaac said and kissed Skylar's forehead.

Isaac pulled something from his pocket and slipped it on her finger "I got that for you, it's a promise ring." Isaac explained and Skylar smiled "I promise to stay with you, and eventually turn it into a wedding ring." "Well bud if your waiting for us to turn 18 I hate to be the one to break this to you but uh, we're nothing staying 17 for just about ever." Skylar smiled as she looked at the ring "that's not what I meant Sky, when we're ready we're getting married." Isaac said "are you asking me or telling me." Skylar asked as she looked over to face him

"Hmm, telling you." Isaac replied and kissed her again.