Chapter 6

Himiko sat on the porch swing waiting. Kokichi had agreed to come to Thanksgiving at her house, and now she was waiting for him to arrive. The only reason she was allowed to invite the leader was because her brother's girlfriend was going to be at the dinner as well.

When a small white car pulled into the driveway, she rushed over to it. Kokichi opened the door and stepped out, stretching his legs similarly to how Himiko did.

"Hello Himi, how are you?"

She smiled at him, "I'm fine." She replied, even though she felt like imploding in her father's presence.

He narrowed his eyes at her, "You know, you're a bad-"

"Hey, Miko, is this the classmate you were talking about?"

The mage turned to see Jiro jogging over to them, "Oh yeah. Kokichi, this is my brother Jiro. Jiro, Kokichi."

The brunet looked Kokichi over for a minute, "You're short."

"Oh wow, and I thought I hid it do well." The leader said sarcastically, snapping his fingers.

I can already tell these two will be clashing heads.

Kokichi put his hands behind his head, analyzing Jiro for a moment before turning towards the trunk. He popped it open, taking out his black suitcase.

"Where can I put this?"

Himiko gestured for him to follow her and led him towards the house.

They both went inside, the leader examining his surrounding intensely, "Homey." He declared after a bit.

Himiko smiled at him and led him upstairs to the guest bedroom. Preparations for his arrival had been brutal, especially for a lazy girl like her, but after a lot of hard work the sheets were new and clean, the closet emptied, and the desk neat.

"The perfect temporary home for a supreme leader!" Kokichi exclaimed dramatically, flopping down on the bed.

Himiko giggled as her mother entered the room, "Kokichi! It's nice to see you again!"

She pulled the small boy into a hug and he squirmed a bit.

"Mom, you're crushing him!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Himiko stood bundled in a thick coat and scarf, watching Jiro, his girlfriend Aya, and Kokichi running around the yard. She couldn't think of a more chaotic trio as they ran and jumped in the fallen leaves.

The air was cool and the mage started squirming. She was never one to enjoy the cold, her favorite time of year being Summer, so she was completely out of her element.

"Miko!" The voice of her brother called out, snapping her back into reality, "You coming?"

"No thanks, I'm good here."

Aya peeled out from under a pile of leaves, some stuck in her long, blonde hair, "You sure? It's pretty fun."

Aya was a couple of years younger than her brother, though since they're in college it doesn't matter too much.

Kokichi's head poked out of the same pile, "Aw, that's no fun Himi!"

She shrugged, fiddling with a penny she found in her pocket. She had never been the playful type, preferring to stay inside and practice magic with her master. Though after he left, she wanted to go outside even less.

Suddenly she felt someone lift her into the air.

She kicked her legs out and struggled at she heard a signature laugh escape her captors mouth.

Snapping her eyes open, she reprimanded him, "Kokichi put. Me. Down."

He laughed, "Nah, I don't wanna."

He walked over to a big pile of leaves, Himiko still struggling in his grip. He held her over the pile.

"Kokichi, I swear to Atu-

He dropped her.

She fell into the pile, screeching and hitting the leaf pile, "Oof."

"Did you just say oof?"

She laughed, "Fight me, little man."

With that, he leapt at her. They went tumbling down the yard, playfighting.

When Himiko sat up, she realized Jiro and Aya were gone.

"Jerks! They left us alone!"

Turning towards Kokichi, she had to muffle a snort. He had leaves all caught in his hair and clothes, a small scrape on his arm- he refused to wear a jacket- and a grass stain on his jeans.

He smirked, "What is it, my little mage?"

She blushed and turned away a bit.

"Don't ignore me, Himiko~"

A finger poked her side, making her jolt.

"Ticklish?"

"Kokichi, no."

"Kokichi, yes."

The next few minutes were spent tickling the mage while she rolled around on the ground in hysterics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!