Chapter 11

A/n: I suck at showing time progression, so I'm sorry if the beginnings a bit weird.

The next few weeks passed quickly and she was all packed to go to her aunts house, which is where her family usually meets up for Christmas.

She was nervous to see her dad again. Her mother had told her he would bring something up, get nervous, then change the subject. Apparently she wasn't the only one avoiding discussing things.

Kokichi and Himiko had vaguely danced around the official title of boyfriend and girlfriend. They mostly just kissed and hung out, not really discussing what to call each other. In fact, if you had asked them, the mage would probably call him a friend.

She wasn't sure why, but the thought of dating made her anxious. She kept thinking of all the things that could go wrong.

She didn't want what happened to her mom to happen to her.

Himiko wasn't exactly thrilled to be traveling again. Luckily for her, her Aunt Himeko's house was just an hour drive from the school.

Himiko was named after her aunt, who was named after Queen Himiko. She was her mother's sister, one of four, and was really cool. She was only eight years older than Himiko and owned her own business. She was also the reason her family had to come up with nicknames. The two girls names are pronounced the same, so her family now calls them Hime (he-meh) and Miko respectively.

She got into her car, waving Kokichi goodbye from the window.

She offered to let him come with her, but he said he was spending Christmas with his family this year. Though he didn't exactly seem excited to see them.

Saying goodbye to the school, she drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Himiko lay across the couch staring at the ceiling of her aunt's house.

With her whole mother's side of the family, and a few from her father's, the house was crowded. It left the redhead, her brother, and her cousin Fumika sleeping in the living room. It wasn't that she minded sleeping on the couch, she just felt homesick for some reason.

Homesick wasn't the right word. More like schoolsick. She missed Hope's Peak Academy. She missed Kirumi barging in randomly to clean. She missed Tenko and Angie's uncomfortable PDA. She missed Maki's early morning coffee runs. She missed Gonta's bug lectures, Rantaro's nail painting, Korekiyo's weirdness.

And she missed Kokichi's... everything.

She knew it was stupid, missing something so soon after you leave, but the silence was deafening. There was never a moment of silence at her school and it felt like a home away from home.

Soon, though, she felt herself drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so this chapter is really short. It's just meant to be showing time progression and setting.

I hope you like it.

Anyways, here's a question.

If you could have any ultimate talent, what would it be? It doesn't have to be a talent someone has in the game and you don't have to limit yourself to your real life skills.

Ciao!