Chapter 9

Himiko glanced at the list Rantaro had given her. She had requested something written so that she could check things off as she went.

Love is tricky, here's some tips:

1. Fluttery feelings in your stomach whenever you talk to them.

She would start there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kokichi balanced on the railing of the stairs. Kaito had dared him to, claiming he 'didn't have the balls' to do it.

"Hey! Kokichi!" He looked down to see Himiko rushing up the stairs.

Kaito smiled, "Hey, you here to watch Kokichi fail?"

The leader rolled his eyes, "Obviously I'm not having any trouble, dummy."

"No, I'm here to make sure ya don't get yourself killed!"

Kokichi smirked, "Aww, you care!"

She felt a warm bubble in her stomach.

"N-no! I just don't want to be blamed for seeing this and not stopping it!" She jabbed an accusing finger towards Kaito, "And if he falls, you have to clean up the blood!"

The astronaut pondered it for a moment before shrugging, "Eh, you're right." He went over to the leader and lifted him off the railing by the armpits.

"Hey! That hurts!"

As soon as be was set down, he rushed over to Himiko, dramatically throwing his arms around her, "You saved me, my little mage! How can I ever repay you?"

2. You feel like your flying when they touch you.

Himiko hesitantly wrapped her arms around his back, "Nyeh, it was nothing."

Kaito looked at them and gave Himiko a knowing look before walking back into the dorm.

He looked her in the eyes, putting his hand up to his forehead, "But it just means so much to me!"

"That's a lie."

"Aw, you know me so well!"

3. You know their flaws and except them for who they are.

He poked her cheek, "Hey, stop staring at me!"

"O-oh, sorry." She felt her face flush.

I'm checking off all the boxes.

"Um, I-i have to go." She sputtered as she turned on her heel and sped away.

She turned back to see him saying something, though she couldn't make it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She frantically knocked on Rantaro's door, "Rantaro? I need to talk to you!"

When he opened the door, his hair was messy and he looked tired.

Himiko immediately fel guilty, "Oh, were you sleeping? I can come back later."

He waved his hand dismissively, "No, it's fine. You sounded pretty urgent anyways." He let out a yawn and opened the door, gesturing inside.

She stepped into the room and immediately started talking.

"I was right! I'm in lo-" she cleared her throat, "I like someone and it's not who I thought and now I don't know what to do. They're my best friend! I could never ruin that!"

"So you have a crush on Kokichi?"

She paused, "How did you know?"

Rantaro chuckled, "Well, it's kind of obvious. I'd be surprised if he didn't already know."

"What?!"

"Uh, nevermind."

She sighed, "So what do I do?"

"Well," he began, "there isn't much I can do, but Kaede and Tsumugi are good at that kind of stuff."

She thought for a moment before nodding.

"Right, give me a moment." He pulled out his phone and typed something. A few moments passed and he looked up, "Okay, they'll be here in a moment."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Rantaro opened it and immediately Tsumugi ran towards Himiko, "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! I HAD A FEELING YOU LIKED HIM! MY SHIP AH!-"

"Tsumugs, calm." Kaede cut in, putting her hand over her mouth.

A muffled apology could be heard underneath her hand, so she removed it.

Kaede then turned towards Himiko, "So... Kokichi huh?"

"Sh-shut up..."

The pianist laughed, "No, no, I'm not judging. I think it's cute."

Tsumugi spoke up again, "Are you going to tell him?!"

"Well-" Himiko began.

"I have the perfect plan to get you two together!" Tsumugi interrupted, "Though it requires everyone."

Himiko gave her a look, "What plan?"

Tsumugi clapped excitedly, "Let me get my notes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

If you had the chance to join the killing game, would you?