Chapter 13

A/n: Warning to all people with second hand embarrassment. It's awkward.

Himiko awoke to something playing with her hair.

Opening her eyes slowly, she was greeted with a familiar purple haired boy laying next to her. He was running his fingers through her hair gently, a peaceful expression on his face.

Sitting up carefully, she winced in pain. Her head and back hurt a lot. She also felt a bit nauseous.

"...Kokichi?"

He hummed, "Morning, sleeping ugly."

Ignoring the insult, Himiko rubbed her face in her hands sleepily, trying to grasp memories from the previous night.

Wait.

Did we?

"We didn't..." she echoed her thoughts.

Kokichi looked confused, "You don't remember? You're the one who initiated it."

Suddenly Himiko remembered what happened at her aunt's house.

"Oh. Oh Atua, Kokichi."

He looked genuinely nervous, "You weren't, like, drunk, were you?" He put up his hands, "You didn't seem drunk?" It came out as more a question than a statement.

"No, no." She sighed, "Just kind of upset I guess."

"Ah."

Himiko had always thought her first time would be less... awkward.

The liar looked up at her, seemingly insecure, "Did you... enjoy it? At all?"

She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. Atua, why is this so weird?

"Yeah."

Some awkward silence passed over them.

Suddenly, Himiko stood up. She haphazardly plucked a few articles of clothing off the floor and got dressed. She slipped one of Kokichi's sweaters over her head before turning back to him.

"Just so you know, I'm keeping this."

He chuckled and suddenly, the tense atmosphere had evaporated. He also stood and got dressed as well, walking her to the door.

As Himiko left, Kokichi winked at her, "Remember, don't hesitate to send me a three a.m. booty call."

Giggling, Himiko shoved his shoulder playfully.

"But seriously," the leader started, "If you want to talk about family issues, I'm here. Trust me, I have experience."

Himiko thought back to the previous night once again, "Wait, aren't you supposed to be at your parent's house?"

Kokichi shrugged, "Change of plans." He said nonchalantly, "I decided it's not worth the headache."

Still a bit curious, Himiko made her way back to her room.

That's when the reality settled in.

Panicking a bit, Himiko sat on her bed, pulling her feet up to her chest. She wondered about how serious Kokichi was taking the relationship.

He seemed nervous when he thought I was drunk, she thought, and a tiny bit insecure about himself...

Deciding it was too much for her, she buried her face into Kokichi's sweater. It smelled like grape and deodorant. She had been joking about keeping it...

...

Maybe just for a little while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, I know, and I'm sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable. I thought this would be a nice way to represent Himiko realizing that the commitment she always feared because of her family issues isn't as scary as she thought.

Anyways, question of the chapter.

Who's your favorite character and why?