Chapter 3

I frantically look around me, trying to detect where the former gods are. I can sense Ichthus' anger.

"H-hey, are you okay?" I ask him.

He scans the place not looking at me, he shakes his head.

"No, not in the slightest, this is very rare for the other former gods to gather in one certain spot, it tends to be like a battleground for them. I don't know how they were able to know that you're here, but we have to leave now before they know you're here."

Just then, a strong gust of wind blows over the Central Grand, knocking some plants and a few papers. I hear some people gasp and yelp in shock at the sudden wind. That's weird? The strange eerie feeling is gone. Me and Ichthus look at each other at the same time as if we're thinking the same thing.

"They're gone, aren't they?" I ask him. He nods, and lets out a sigh of relief. "There were at least a dozen of them here." A d-dozen? A dozen like that old woman that day? I shiver at the though of a dozen former gods, trying to kill me.

We went inside 789 Resto, a Korean Restaurant that serves yummy ramyeon and kimchi.  We sit a bit behind, far from prying eyes as we wait for Sab. I then notice my phone ringing, I grab my phone in my bag and see Sab's name on the caller ID. I pressed accept on the call, and put the phone on my ear.

"Hey Sab! I'm here at–" Sab tells me she can't come, because her father surprised visit her at her apartment. Knowing Sab and her Dad aren't that much on good terms, worries me. I assure her that it's alright and to see her next time, I hang up the call and tell Ichthus about it.

"Well then, since we are already out, why don't we go somewhere? How about the SEAquarium, that just opened last month!" I tell him, although I am kinda expecting he would say no because we have to be careful not to go around and run into former gods.

"Sure!" He says smiling widely. HUH? "R-really? We can go!? I expected you to say no, because Leon might get mad." I tell him, he chuckles.

"C'mon Mai, you know how troublesome I am. Besides, you're with me, I promised to keep you safe, didn't I?" He says with a warm smile on his face as he pats my head and leans closer.

Oh God he's so cute! His smile is melting my heart! and the warmth of his hand on my head, is making me blush!

"L-let's go before they close up!" I reason out, and he nods and stands up. I steady my breathing and let out a huge sigh, I stand up and head towards the door with Ichthus following me.

After a couple of minutes we arrived at the SEAquarium, since it's a weekend it's pretty crowded.

There were a lot of children running around and some teenagers going on dates. I feel myself being bumped by the people around me, when suddenly I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. I look up to see Ichthus inches from my face.