Chapter 4

Author's Note: I apologize for not updating for so long. I was sick and just recovered from it. Enjoy this chapter! I'll try to make it longer. 

Reminder: all flashbacks are italized and in a third person's POV

*Riiiiiiiiiiinggggggggg*

*Riiiiiiingggggggggg*

"Hnggg..." I fumbled along my sheets, my eyes still closed as my hands wander towards my phone. I slowly open my left eye, scrunching my nose as the bright light from my phone hits my eyes.

(Sab Calling...)

Oh, it's Sab. She must be worried about me. I pressed the accept button and placed the phone on my ear as I sink my head back to bed. "S-Sab?" I answered in between yawns. I looked at the time on my phone and it's around 2am, how the hell is she awake?

"Where are you??? I've been worried sick about you. I tried calling you a dozen times Maia! You didn't reply to my text last night. I went to your apartment earlier, but it seemed that you haven't even been living there. What's going on?? What are you hiding from me?" She continues to ramble on, with a worried tone and lecturing me too. Sab has always been like a big sister to me, and she acts like a Mom sometimes too. "Calm down, MOM. Why are you still up anyway??" I teased. I could hear her click her tongue on the other side of the phone.

I sigh and answer her, "I'm staying at a--" I paused, what am I gonna tell her? An inn? But she might look it up. Worse. She might go there! "MAIA???" she yelled over the phone, her tone irritated.

"I'm staying over a colleague's place! Sorry, I know I haven't told you. I was given a job at work you see and it's a bit far! So I'm staying here for a couple of days. I'll explain everything to you okay? How about we meet sometime later?" I tell her, she seemed to calm down, and we agreed to meet at her place later for lunch.

I ended the call, and slowly got up the bed. I looked around the room and I then realized, it wasn't my room after all.

"This is..." Leon's room. So last night, that former god. And Ichthus saving me. I have to thank him! I got out of bed and quickly fixed my clothes and went outside. I wandered along the hallways of the Mansion, when I stumbled on an slightly open room, I took a peek inside and found a huge library, and a fountain in the middle of it. How do you even have a fountain inside a library?! I mentally chided myself, Jeez Maia. You're living with Twelve Gods, and you're wondering about that?

I slowly sneak inside, my curiosity getting the best of me. I've always loved reading books, and having a huge library in front of me is a guilty pleasure. I paced in front of the shelves, but I don't understand the writings on some of the books. There is a particular book who caught my attention, I reached up and grabbed it.

"When The Stars Aligned..." I said out loud, there's no name for the author. The cover page had two hands reaching on opposite sides, the vast starry sky between them. I sit on the edge of the fountain. I opened the book and skimmed through the pages, I found a beautiful freshly preserved cyclamen. From the looks of it, it should have withered a long time ago, but the color and smell is still the same.