Chapter 23

As Aster was looking for the crystal she runs into King Alvis.

"Aster! I told you guys to leave." King Alvis said

"What are you doing here?" Aster asked spitefully

"....I'm here to tell you guys to get out of here..." He replied after a pause

"Oh really? You liar! You traitor! You are the one who switched the crystals!" Aster said as she knows she only has one knife to attack him with, so she takes it out and attacks the King

"Well well you have figured it out, haven't you? I'm not even sorry you guys had to find this out! Oh for so long I wanted to stop that stupid acting." King Alvis replied as he dodges the attack and instead kicks her and then grabs her by the neck. Aster tries to fight back and let herself loose, it doesn't work.

"Surprised to see my strength? Since gadgets weren't allowed, I had myself genetically mutated." Alvis said as Aster tries to breath... "Can't.....breathe...." she says as someone throws a knife at Alvis and it hits his shoulder. He then kicks the Alvis's head. Aster falls to the ground as she gasps for air.

"Get away from her!" Lark said as he was full of anger

"Well well...if it isn't Lark." Alvis said as he got up and takes out the knife stabbed in his shoulder.

"You damn bastard! To think I trusted you all those years!" Lark said as Alvis throws the knife at him but he dodges

"Aww don't feel bad. Everyone trusted me. You weren't alone." Alvis said as Lark takes out another knife and attacks him. Alvis grabs his arm and stops his attack but Lark then kicks Alvis in the stomach. To dodge from that he moves back and turns the knife Lark was holding towards Lark. The knife is about to hit Lark's throat as Aster smacks Alvis's head with a nearby stone.
Blood starts dripping from his head.

He turns around to attack Aster but Lark hits him with his spear at the back. He falls to the ground but he still manages to get up. Lark then break the spear as it is still stabbed in Alvis's back. He then stabs the wooden part of the spear on Alvis's heart. This time, he falls to the ground and doesn't get up.

"He's....dead..." Aster said

"Come on, let's get out of here." Lark said as he grabs Aster's hand and they both start running to the centre of the temple

On the other side-

"Where is that light coming from?!" Azalea said

"Let's go find out!" Wren said as they both also start going to where the light is coming from

"Oh no!" Aster gasps as she, Lark, Wren and Azalea are looking at the centre of the temple where there is a circle in which all the crystals are placed facing upward. There is this gap around the circle which is being slowly filled with light.

"Let's move this quickly!" Azalea said as they try to move the crystals but instead they all get electric shock except Wren. Wren manages to slightly budge one of the crystals.

"I think I can move them." Wren said

"Hurry quick!" Aster said as Ed, Rose and Hunter come and say, "We won't let you."

"Let's see you try to stop us." Azalea said as they all soon start fighting. Meanwhile Wren pushes the black crystal as hard as he can and he finally manages to drop it, making it lie flat on the ground. Wren then puts the crystal out of the circle but it doesn't go out. Instead the ground starts shaking.

"You can't do that. Once the ritual has started, you can't stop it." Hunter said

"Then..." Wren said as he looks at his friends