Prologue

PROLOUGE (1)

With the windows down, I leaned against the window as the humid wind drove past my face. My mom, Renée sat in the front seat while her boyfriend, Phil was the one driving. Bella and I sat silently at the back of the car. My fingers were tapping against my thigh as if I was playing the piano as I listened to a soft classical music.

"Hey, don't forget to give me a call as soon as you land, okay?" Renée said as soon as we arrived at the airport with Phil by her side. Phil was kind enough to get our luggages from the trunk.

I stay with Renée every summer and I have been conviced that Phil is good for my mom. I just hope he doesn't hurt her or else I will give him a taste of his own medicine.

"We will" Bella said shortly and I gave her a small smile. "Alright, we wouldn't want to miss our plane" I chuckled when she started sniffing

"Ugh, why does mom have to cry every single time?" I heard Bella groan inside her head making me bite my lip to prevent myself from laughing. I gave Renée a short tight hug and Phil a nod before grabbing the handle of my luggage.

The two of us headed towards security to check our baggages in. Bella and I spent a short time with Rene before moving in with Charlie. Well, that's for Bella's case. I have been living with our father for almost 5 years now whereas Bella spent the past 5 years with mom here in Phoenix. Bella and I used to be inseparable but when I chose to live with dad, we somehow grew apart. Let's just say that Bella became more of the closed type of person while I was more of the outgoing person.

As soon as we boarded the plane, I gave Bella a small smile before closing my eyes to sleep. The travel time from Phoenix to Forks didn't take that long. When I woke up, the captain of the aircraft was already announcing to us to get ready for our arrival.

I ran my fingers through my hair and looked at Bella who looked nervous. I reached for her hand and gave her a smile, "Charlie misses you" I reassured her.

"Sure, he does"

All she did was to give me a short nod before closing her eyes. I frowned and let go of her hand before watching the clouds as they continued to envelop us. I tried to relax in my seat as I blocked every thought of each person in this plane.

You see, I'm not an average person you see in the streets everyday. I would like to call myself "special" because of the abilities that I have. I admit, it's always fun to know what people were thinking all the time.

Charlie picked us up from the airport and the car ride was so suffocating because of how the two of them made it so awkward. Bella was more of the anti social one which she got from Charlie. As soon as we reached home, I let out a deep breath and ran into my room.

As soon as I entered my room, I dropped my backpack on the floor and jumped on my bed. I surely missed my bed so much. Even if the travel time from Phoenix to Forks was short, it surely exhausted me.