Chapter 9

☽

The soft sound of Mariah Carey's voice filled the air as I stood at the kitchen of the Cullen's residence. I have finally conviced them to spend Christmas time with Bella and I. Even if they didn't have to eat and human food may seem unappetizing for them, I still decided to bake a pan of lasagna and bunch of soft salted cookies. The Cullens never really bothered to eat any of the food that I cook but when they tried the cookies, they begged me for weeks to bake some more.

"You know you don't have to do this, Moon." Esme said with a warm smile and placed both of her hands on my arm as I stirred the pan of white sauce for the lasagna.

"Well, we all know that Jas and Luna won't stay with us for too long. I need to know how to make those cookies." Rosalie shrugged, a piece of hair framed her face as she stirred the cookie batter effortlessly. I chuckled at what she said. It might sound cheesy but I asked everyone to dress in their ugly sweaters and still, how are they still so beautiful?

"I know but it's my first time spending Christmas Eve with Bella and Edward and I wanted it to be special." I said to Esme.

"Alright." She finally gave up and proceeded towards the sink to wash her hands. "How can I help?"

"Oh wow, it smells really good in here." Alice said as she skipped towards us, I chuckled at her after I told Esme the things she had to do for the Lasagna sauce. "Alice! You're filled with glitters!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's just that it has been quite a while since I have put up a tree." Alice said to us and sat on a stool, her cheek resting at the palm of her hand.

"But, it looks amazing!" She squealed, clapping her hands together as she watched us get back to work. The other Cullen guys were out hunting while the rest of us stayed here, preparing for our Christmas celebration. Bella was out, running some last minute errands with Charlie and will soon be here just before the party starts.

"Woah." Emmett's deep voice filled the place as soon as they entered, their hands dirty. "You baked again, shortie?" He asked.

"Nope, Rose did." I said, pointing at Rosalie who was baking an another batch because in less than a minute, these guys can finish a tray of cookies.