Chapter 1

☽

It was a Monday morning and I was in a good mood. The weather is nice, I woke up early for my shift, I got the chance to cook a perfect omelet for Bella and Charlie and most especially, I had a nice hunt before they woke up. With a smile on my face, I swiped my candy pink colored lip balm against my lip. I can feel that today is definitely going to be a good day.

"Dad, I'm heading off" I informed Charlie as I ran down the stairs. I took my car keys off the hook and grabbed an orange juice inside our fridge. I may not have the need to eat but my love for orange juice or for pizzas hasn't changed at all.

"Hey, Lu. Why don't you give Bella a lift? Her truck won't be here 'til tomorrow" He suggested making me look at Bella who was still eating her plate of the omelet that I have cooked for them. I raised an eyebrow at her as she hurried to finish her meal and gave me a nod.

"Spending even a minute with her would be awkward but whatever, do I even have a choice?"

I turned my back away from them and tried to put my long curly blonde hair into a messy bun to have an excuse to turn around so they won't see me roll my eye. Bella really has to control her stuborness.

"I'll be waiting in the car. Bye, dad." I announced to the both of them. I gave Charlie a kiss on his cheek before walking out of our house. "Hey, babe" I thought, picturing my handsome boyfriend as I smiled to myself waiting for his response.

"Good Morning, beautiful" A beautiful hoarse voice answered back making the smile on my face widen. I surely loved my ability. It came very handy.

"I'm on my way to work but I'll just drop off Bella by your school. Are you there?" I asked as I pulled a mirror from my bag to fix the stray hair that framed my face.

"Already standing by the parking lot, Darlin'." He said and I could almost hear the smirk in his thoughts making me roll my eye. The cold air suddenly blew right on my face making me curse.

Damn, why didn't I close my windows?

I bit my lip very hard as the smell of blood blew right across my face. My breath hitched as my throat burned in hunger. It felt as if I haven't eaten for a decade.

"Hey, you okay?" Bella's voice snapped me from my trance. I gave her a restrained smile before nodding. "Yeah.."

"Why is she acting so weird?" She thought. I let out an almost inaudible soft chuckle, turning on the car's engine as I blocked out her thoughs.

"You ready?" I asked her and she nodded. I tried my best not to breathe so much around her. Carlisle already explained to me that being around a new scent may give me this thirsty feeling even if I wasn't thirsty because it was just the other side of me that wanted to taste human blood. Even if I have been a vampire for almost 2 years it still has been a bit hard for me to control my thirst for blood. Especially, human blood.

A sigh of relief left my mouth when I have finally parked at Forks High School's parking lot. Bella surely did have a different scent compared to the people living here in Forks. Her scent is just so strong and so sweet that you could even smell her a hundred miles away.

"Bye." She muttered, my brows furrowing as I watched her walk away from our car. Living with Charlie was easy but it seems like living with Bella would be a constant struggle.

"You alright? Why are you so worried?" Jasper suddenly asked, appearing at my passenger's seat out of nowhere. I frowned at him and removed my seatbelt to sit on his lap.

"Bella's scent is too strong for me. It made me really hungry." I sighed defeatedly as I leaned in to rest my head on his shoulder. I felt his arms wrap around my body, calming me instantly. "I think you shouldn't stand near her." I mumbled against his chest, breathing in his musky wooden scent.

Even if Jasper was older than me in terms of being a vampire, he wasn't a vegetarian from the moment he was turned. He used to drink human blood way back then but after feeling what the people felt as he fed on them, he grew tired of it and never drank human blood again. Whereas in my case, I have never tried human blood and that's probably one of the reasons why I could still somehow control myself around humans.

"Her scent is too strong, you have to keep an eye on her." I said worriedly, raising my head to face him. If I didn't control myself, I would've easily killed her. What if the other vampires that are out of the Cullen Coven saw her? Or even worse, smelled her? They can instantly feed on her.

Jasper pressed his ice cold hand against my cheek, calming my nerves instantly, "We got her back, alright?" Jasper said softly as his fingers caressed my cheek smootly.

I nodded, sighing in relief as I became calmer under his touch. I pressed my forehead against his, unblocking people's thoughts as I grew tired.

"Damn, if only I had the courage to ask her."

"Ask me what?" I asked as I sat up straight.

Jasper looked as if my question caught him off guard. "Please, don't listen to my thoughts, Darlin'." He pleaded, hiding his face on my shoulder. My eyebrow furrowed in curiousity but continued to block his thoughts. I didn't want to invade his privacy if he didn't want to tell me.

I wrapped my arms tight around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I closed my eyes and waited for their bell to ring before I leave for work.

You see, as a human I am actually 3 years older than Bella which makes me 20, and that means I'm already done with High School but since I excelled in Phoenix way back before I moved here in Forks, I already graduated High School by the time I moved here and now I am an intern in the hospital where Carlisle, Jasper's "adoptive" father, is located. While Jasper, alongside with his brothers and sisters had to go to school because they looked too young to go to work.

A frown formed on my face once I heard their school bell ring, "Want me to skip school, Princess?" Jasper smirked.

"Nope. I have a shift to cover as well" I said, letting go of Jasper to give him a short teasing kiss making him growl. "Love you." I smiled at him.

"Love you, Darlin'."