Chapter 16

☽

"Isn't this a lovely surprise?" An unexceptionally pale man exclaimed as his blood red eyes found mine. With Bella holding Edward's hand tightly, we were now standing in this huge hall with such little light illuminating the place making it more ominous than it really was. Eight guards were lined against the walls in their modern dark coats.

Caius and Marcus were sitting on their thrones as Aro, their leader, stood up to greet his guests. "Luna, immortality suits you, my dear." Aro said before he turned to look at Caius with a knowing smirk on his face.

Oh.

"Well yeah, thanks, of course it was because of you." I thought to myself sarcastically. I suddenly felt Jasper tug me towards him to hold me closer in his arms once he saw Caius looking at me intently. He felt afraid that they may take me away from him again. Just like what he did before.

I wrapped my arm around Jasper's waist as well and watched as Aro turned his gaze over my sister who was trembling at Edward's arm, "Fascinating." He said as he carefully looked at Bella who just looked at the ground.

"I would love to see if you are an exemption to my gifts, as well." Aro said, extending his hand towards Bella who looked at him carefully. "Would you do me the honor?"

I watched as my sister reluctantly brought forward her hand to let Aro do what he wanted to do. In a beat, Aro held unto her hand and tried to concentrate when confusion suddenly flooded his features.

"Interesting." He muttered, letting go of Bella's hand before turning his back to look at Caius and Marcus. It was his first time to see such thing and it surely did bothered him. "I see nothing."

"I wonder if.." Aro said with his back facing us, "Let's see if she's immune to all our powers" He suggested, turning to look at the little girl by his side.

"Shall we Jane?" He grinned making me grit my teeth. Jane's ability was one of the strongest and the most brutal ability I have ever come across with. One look from her could cause you the most excruciating burning pain that you could ever feel in your entire life making the person vulnerable.

As Jane turned to Bella, I tried to tear away from Jasper who held me tightly in his hands, "No, Luna." He said firmly through his gritted teeth. My eyes widened when in a flash Edward was already in front of Bella and took the pain. In no time, he was on his knees due to the immense pain that Jane was giving him.

"Stop! Stop hurting him!" Bella shouted at Jane in horror as Edward laid in the ground unmoving. Alice was quick to aid his brother. Bella's eyes flamed in anger as she watched Jane stare at Edward lifelessly with a smirk on her face.

"Jane?" Aro said once more to the girl. My eyebrows furrowed as Bella stared at Jane's eyes without flinching, clearly unfazed. It was remarkable. How could she be doing that? When Jane realized that her ability didn't even cause Bella to flinch, her smile dropped and anger consumed her causing Aro to laugh like a child with a new toy.