Chapter 11

☽

With a satisfied look on my face, I have finally finished wrapping two gifts, my gift for Bella and Charlie and Renée's gift for her since Charlie didn't know how to wrap a gift. It has been a few days and it was finally Bella's birthday.

Alice has been barking orders to the Cullen's residence to prepare the surprise birthday party for Bella even if I knew well that Bella won't be too excited. My sister would rather lay in bed, letting her pajamas graft into her skin and read a book rather than going out.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Charlie asked anxiously as I wrapped a red sparkling bow around the digital camera that he bought for Bella. "Of course." I smiled.

The both of us made way towards Bella's room while Charlie balanced the gifts on one hand. I raised my fist and knocked on Bella's door before twisting the knob.

"Happy New Year, dear sister!" I exclaimed as I saw her sit up. She quickly rubbed her face with her sleeves and tried to fix her hair that looked like a bird's nest.

"For the love of God, Luna, shut up." She muttered making me chuckle. "Happy Birthday, Bells." Charlie said, appearing behind me and sauntered over Bella who frowned at him.

"Dad, we agreed, no gifts." Bella said to him, looking at the gifts in disapproval. "At least mine's not wrapped." Charlie shrugged.

Smart.

I smiled as Charlie handed Bella the digital camera that was neatly wrapped in a red silky ribbon. "Okay, this is actually kind of great." Bella said, smiling to herself as she looked at the camera.

"Thanks, Dad." She beamed.

You know, Bella may seem like she doesn't like presents, she actually does. "Here's mine." I said, taking the smaller box from Charlie and handed it to her.

"So you could always have a piece of this family." I said and smiled at her warmly as she tore the gift wrapper. A gasp fell from her lips as a beautiful silver necklace greeted her as she opened the box.

"Wow, Moon. This is gorgeous!" She exclaimed, taking the swan pendant in between her fingers and smiled. I winked at her before Charlie presented a wrapped gift.

"The camera goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated." Charlie said, stopping mid sentence to correct himself. "Well, she coordinated me."

We both chuckled at our dad's awkwardness and watched as Bella opened the wrapped gift, only to reveal a black scrapbook. "To put your pictures in, record your senior year— man, senior year." Charlie said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"How'd you get so old so fast?" Charlie asked making Bella shift on his seat uncomfortably. "Not that old." She frowned.

"I don't know. Is that a gray hair?" Charlie teased, touching her hair and Bella was quick enough to run towards her full length mirror to check herself for any gray hair. I chuckled, knowing how age conscious Bella was since she was "older" than Edward.