Chapter 12

☽

The Cullen household was now filled with worry as they all sat down in the living room. Nobody saw it happening. Not even the psychic Alice. They were all still in the state of shock as they processed everything that has happened the past few hours. Edward especiallt was restless as he held his head in his palms.

He loved Bella but he couldn't bear the thought of her hurting just because of him.

There were a lot going in his mind that Luna couldn't even follow through until Edward finally spoke up. "I talked to Bella." Edward's voice echoed throughout the silent room. His voice husky, clearly because he didn't like his idea.

"What's your plan?" Esme asked her eldest son. The youngest vampire pressed her lips into a thin line, tucking her hands on her lap as she stared into nothing. The scene that has unfolded earlier, scared the hell out of her and Jasper surely felt it. Her distant looks, her minimal movements. It bothered Jasper so much.

"This is what I was talking about." Rosalie suddenly said, her tone low as she played with her blonde luscious hair. It was clear that Rosalie still didn't like the human. "You never listened to me." She shrugged.

"Won't it be too selfish to seperate someone from their mate?" Luna squeaked, eyes low as the Cullens looked at her. "Bella is my sister and I don't want her to get hurt but do you think leaving her will hurt her less?" She asked rhetorically. Her eyes snapped at Edward who was looking at her with tired eyes.

"If that's what it takes, I'll do it."

"This is bullshit." Luna bursted out.

"What happened tonight, I know Bella will blame herself for the rest of her life and if you leave her, do you think she'll ever forgive herself?" Luna asked, her mind racing as she looked at each of the Cullen.

Luna knew deep inside her that Edward was one of the best thing that has ever happened to her sister and it would kill her slowly if he decides to leave her. "I could've killed her, Luna" Jasper suddenly spoke up from the farthest corner of the room, his voice laced with disappointment clearly because of his behavior.

The dark haired girl snapped her eyes towards the voice, her eyes meeting with his now dark golden ones. "But you didn't." She retorted with a restrained smile on her face.

"Luna, I wouldn't forgive myself if I hurt her."

"I think we should all take a break." Carlisle said, breaking the tension between the couple as they stared down at each other. "It's been a long night."

Luna shook her head in disbelief, letting out a scoff she took her bag and turned to Carlisle and Esme with a small smile on her face, "I'm going home. Thanks for tonight."

"Hey Alice. Despite of what happened, I know Bella appreciated your efforts."

Luna's Pov

I let out a tired sigh, rubbing my face with my hands as I tried to process everything that has happened tonight. Edward was determined to leave. It was as if that was the greatest idea he could ever have.

I could never do that to Bella. I could never leave her again, no matter what it takes.

I sighed and opened my car. I just wanted to go home. I was about to start my car's engine when I suddenly heard Jasper calling out my name. "Luna!"

A grunt fell from my lips and turned to my open window. "What is it, Jas?" I asked.

"Can we talk?"

"We are talking."

"Luna, c'mon."

I sighed, motioning the passenger's seat with my head to tell him that I wanted him to sit there. A small "yes" was muttered as he ran towards the other side of the door and instantly he was sitting on my passenger's seat.

"I just wanted to say sorry." Jasper said shortly, his voice cracking as he watched me start the car. The thing is, I wasn't even mad at him. I was annoyed because he thought that he failed me. He thought that it was his fault why Edward had to leave Bella.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter as I pressed more on the gas, making the car run faster. "Darlin', slow down." He said, his Southern accent coming out as he held the seat tightly.

"It wasn't your fault." I croaked out, voice faltering as I tried to stop my tears from falling.

What he thought of himself broke my heart. The way he called himself "Monster" was enough to break my heart. "You're not a monster, Jasper."

I brought my hand up, wiping my face as a salty warm tear fell on my cheek. "If you have to leave, don't expect me to go with you."

"What?"

"I don't have the guts to leave Bella again."

"Luna, please.."

"I can't lose my sister again, Jas. You know that."

"Don't do this, baby."

"I'm sorry.."