Chapter 6

☽

My head was racing as Jasper and I sat in front of the television, waiting for the next move that we had to do. Jasper wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned against him, trying to calm my racing mind.

"I wish he'd call." Bella said tiredly as she entered the living room making me look up. "You should eat." Alice told her, motioning at the food that was set in front of us. Alice arrived a few hours ago after we have settled in and was kind enough to stay with us just in case we needed an extra hand.

Bella shook her head and sat on the couch heavily, "They could get hurt. It's not worth it." She sighed causing Jasper to look at her.

"Yes. It is." He said lowly, shocking the three of us since Jasper was the kind of person who likes to keep his thoughts to himself.

"Edward's changed since he found you. And none of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you." Jasper said in all seriousness, "If I were in his place, I'd do the same thing."

My heart swelled with what he said. I looked at him and smiled as he planted a kiss on my lips. "Trust me, it's worth it." He said to Bella without taking his eyes off of me.

Suddenly, Alice gasped making us turn to her. I stood up from where we were sitting and sat in front of her, "What is it? What do you see?" Jasper asked, speeding over to his sister's side in an instant.

"The tracker. He just changed course.." She said, deeply troubled as she stared blankly ahead. I watched as Jasper placed a pad of paper in front of her and handed her a pencil.

"Where will it take him, Alice?" Jasper asked. I felt myself getting jelous with how close Jasper was to Alice but I pushed the feeling aside. Before I even came to their life, I knew that Alice and Jasper were this close but I always pushed the heavy feeling aside.

Jasper surely must've felt it because as we watched Alice draw on the paper, he suddenly looked up and caught my eyes staring at him. I gave him a small smile and nodded to tell him that it was okay.

"Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors." Alice muttered as she begins to draw really fast, closing her eyes to see the vision clearly.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain." Bella said slowly as she stood near me. "She sees the course people are on, while they're on it. If they change their minds, the visions change." Jasper answered.

"So the course James is on now will lead him to.." Bella trailed off as she looked at the drawing that Alice drew, "A ballet studio?"

Alice's head snapped up with what she said, "You've been here?" She asked. I took a good look of what Alice drew.

"Hey, isn't that the place where you took ballet classes?" I asked, staring at the drawing before looking at Bella who's face lightened up.

"Yeah, I remember now. The school I went to had an arch like that." She said and pointed at the Arch that she was talking about. Why the hell would the tracker go to Bella's old ballet studio? What does he want from there?

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked Bella who nodded, "Yeah." She answered.

As Bella's phone began to ring, I looked at Alice and Jasper, trying to figure out why would James go there. "There's no way Bella would go back there. She hated that school." I said to them, brows furrowing as I continued to look at the drawing.

I sat straight, staring at nothing but the paper as I felt myself getting reeled in as I remembered the time that I picked up a 7 year old from her ballet lessons.

It was a typical warm day in Phoenix, around 4-5 in the afternoon when I suddenly received a call from mom, asking me to pick up Bella from her ballet lessons because apparently, she was throwing a tantrum after someone from her class told her that her shoes looked awful.

I wiped off the sweat from my forehead as I opened the studio's door, smiling as the cool air from the airconditionninstantly cooled my warm body. "How may I help you?" A lady who looked like she was in her mid 40's suddenly asked making me look up.

"Uhm, Hi. I'm Luna Swan and our mom asked me to pick up Bella? Bella Swan? She said she was sorry she couldn't make it." I said to the lady politely.

"Please wait for a moment, Ms. Swan." The lady replied and I nodded. I looked around the mirrored building and smiled as I watched young kids twirling and dancing with their tutu on.

"Luna!" A tear stained Bella shouted once she spotted me. My brows furrowed as I kneeled to give her a hug, "Why are you crying? Did somebody hurt you?" I asked worriedly.

"No.." She said, followed by a hiccup as she shook her head that is resting on my shoulder. "Get me out of here! I don't like it here."

"Alright. Alright. Calm down.. I will take you home." I said, tucking the stray hair that fell from her bun behind her ear and wiped away the tears from her face. "What do you think of getting ice cream before we head home?" I asked, trying to lighten up her mood.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She exclaimed making me chuckle at her sudden change of emotions. "Woah! Easy there tiger!" I said as she continued to jump up and down excitedly.

This was the time that I swore to my life that nobody could touch or hurt my sister.