8

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

It was unreal...and everything Y/N had thought to be impossible. But here he was, confessing that he liked her to her face and in Paris, no less.

Her emotions were a mess as he stared at her expectantly but his eyes held a certain seriousness that somehow communicated a thousand more things than only what he'd said to her.

She didn't know what to speak, no...she didn't know how to speak.

Finally, waiting for her heartbeat to calm down, she let out a shaky breath before focusing on his beautiful face. He looked beautiful, serene almost as he gazed back at her patiently and all of a sudden she felt the breath being knocked out of her lungs.

"You what?" She spoke, almost in a daze as the corner of Taehyung's lips lifted ever so slightly.

"You heard me," He softly muttered, reaching out to grab her hand lying on the top of the table and Y/N, still very much stunned, could not pull away. "I like you, Y/N-ah,"

Taehyung couldn't help but feel a little bit like a celebrity as a star struck expression crossed the face of the beautiful woman sitting in front of him.

He knew she was dumbfounded by his sudden confession as if it was something she could never expect to happen even in a million years.

To be honest, he hadn't meant to say what he said either. But the words had just bubbled up automatically the moment she glanced at him with those shiny, drowsy eyes.

He knew he wanted to stare at her forever, hold her by his side and pause this moment for as long as he could because those eyes and that full, feminine mouth not only promised immense pleasure but also loyalty.

He still couldn't get over how she'd stepped in at the right moment-literally-and had saved him from blowing up his career.

Everything about her was ridiculous. From her extremely bright colour choices and that damned sparkly pink phone with the chiming danglers to the unsettling way she always seemed to be cheerful, every single thing about his quirky stylist caused him to feel a certain type of way.

A way he hadn't ever felt before.

Even now, dressed in a glittery black blouse, she looked ready to hit the club but there was an overall sense of unscrupulousness about her, a vibe she carried no matter what she did.

"You must be drunk, Taehyung." He heard her scoff in disbelief as her eyes flickered with doubt. "And even if you aren't, it might just be the weather that has gotten to you. Perhaps, I should fix you a cup of warm tea once we go back to the hotel. What do you think about chamomile?"

Taehyung suppressed a smile as Y/N almost muttered the last part to herself. It unnerved him that she wasn't taking him, or his confession seriously at all.