16

CHAPTER 16

     CHAPTER 16

    *ONE WEEK LATER*

"Jungkook-ssi!" Y/N's distressed voice echoed through the nearly empty hallway as she checked all the rooms to find the capricious young singer she'd been assigned to.

Jungkook was just like Taehyung, his behaviour unpredictable and playful, at times almost whimsical. He didn't like to sit around and wait and would usually sneak off to either play on his Xbox or to eat another bowl of ramen in between his breaks which usually left Y/N to hunt him down.

She wasn't complaining though. Jungkook was a really cute guy and contrary to her expectations, he was actually very respectful and had warned up to her in just a couple of days.

It wasn't uncommon for the young guy to pull pranks on her and make her laugh any more because no matter what he did, she always found it funny. He was beginning to provide her the companionship she needed while also keeping her distracted from even the thought of Taehyung.

"There you are." She smiled a little as Jungkook looked up from behind the table with a huge bunny smile. He seemed to be playing a game on his phone while he sipped on his favourite banana milk. A packet of chocolate cookie sticks lay ripped open in front of him on the table and Jungkook flashed her a guilty smile before turning off his phone and pulling the packet of snack to his chest.

"If you're here to take my snacks, I won't give them to you, noona." He pouted as Y/N chuckled and stepped towards him.

"No ones taking your snacks, you hungry child." She laughed, getting to work on his hair that he thankfully hadn't completely ruined yet and carefully sprayed hairspray on it, fluffing it up. Jungkook naturally had such nice hair that there was hardly anything she'd have to do on days like today when he was going for a more natural look.

"There, all done." She smiled at him as he continued to nibble on his cookie sticks, while looking up at her.

"I think you'd need to redo my lips as well." His nose scrunched. "I might have licked my lips one too many times while eating this delicious snack." Jungkook gasped dramatically, causing Y/N to shake her head and pull him up by his arm to lead him out of the room.

"I will once the stylists finish dressing you up. Get your mic fixed and I'll know you aren't running off to get more snacks anytime soon." She rolled my eyes playfully. "Then I'll do your lip makeup again."

In the corner of my eye, she saw a slight cracking of the foundation on his skin and quickly dabbed it with the makeup sponge that permanently stayed on her fingers until all of the artists were done performing and shooting for the day. For her, it was honestly relieving that the agency had assigned her a different artist the moment she'd reported for work after returning from Paris.

She was aware that Taehyung was waiting to approach her, itching to finally sort things out after he had to leave abruptly a week ago but she was glad she had other things to focus upon. Truth be told, she still couldn't decide if it was worth putting her career into a jeopardy for whatever feelings Taehyung seemed to have for her.

On top of that, the way he'd acted at the ball... yeah, she was still not over that. The mere thought of Taehyung trying to make her jealous, made her blood boil.

She already knew that the man was out of her league!

There was no need for Taehyung himself to step onto the bandwagon and make her feel more insignificant than she already did.

If that was how he thought he was going to win her heart, he was so wrong.

•••••

Taehyung observed the interaction between Jungkook and Y/N with his eyes narrowed as the two walked down the hallway, the younger boy smiling cheekily at something while Y/N—the woman he'd lost his sleep over, gushed over the young man, all giggles and smiles as she dabbed the makeup sponge on his skin, her eyes shining with a look that almost screamed adoration.

He felt a rush of jealousy so strong in his veins that he almost saw red. She'd never once smiled at him like that, even when she'd been his makeup artist... even when he'd risked it all and kissed her and the realisation made his fists clench.

He knew what he had done was messed up. He never should have tried to ignite Y/N's temper by pretending that he and that French model Celeen—whatever her name was, had a thing going on, but Y/N was an extremely bubbly, eloquent girl.

He had read too much into Y/N's expressive, buoyant personality and made the mistake of thinking that just because she articulated her happiness with full enthusiasm, she'd show her territorial and possessive side with just as much intensity.

Taehyung had wanted her to stand up for herself and fight for him. He had wanted her to garner the courage to claim him as hers and he now wanted her to yell and scream at him, and take out all of her frustration and bitterness on him now that he'd managed to royally fuck everything up, if that was what was holding her back and if that was what she needed to do to give him another chance.

He knew he was ready to do anything to have her back in his life. He was dying to hold her in his arms again and to feel the comfort that she gave him again. Even if he had to go down on his knees and beg her to take him back, to hold him, touch him, kiss him again, he was more than willing to put his ego aside and do that.

Y/N giggled again and Taehyung felt his heart clench painfully. He didn't know if it was regret clawing at his heart that he'd never given her a chance to ever laugh with him like that, or if it was envy that she was so relaxed in the company of some other man and laughing like it was the happiest she'd been all day.

"I think we should talk." He stepped outside of the threshold of his room, showing himself as the woman in front of him halted, staring at him quietly as she fidgeted uncomfortably. Her slender legs encased in a bright teal skirt and black platforms quivered as he stepped forward. "I've had enough of this hide and seek already."