14

Y/N threw a confused glance around her

Y/N threw a confused glance around her. Why were all the corridors in this place exactly the same?

Sighing, she huffed and readjusted her hold onto the heavy parcel that she'd been asked to deliver to the main producer. She had no idea what was in the box but she supposed that it was something delicate considering she'd been warned not to drop it.

Walking slowly, she tilted her head forward, peeking into the staff rooms, looking for a short, stocky man in a black rubbed turtleneck and beige pants.

So far, she'd been looking for about five minutes—circling the same corridor twice—and yet, the said man was nowhere to be found.

The ball was in full swing outside and she could clearly make out the soft violins playing. Deciding to stop for a while, she rested her back against one of the gold-papered walls and slowly took in a few calming breaths, shifting the weight of the box from one side to another, stretching out her numb fingers a little bit.

She clearly needed to work out if that's what her fingers looked like after picking up a box that wasn't even ten pounds.

Trying not to look stupid, she gingerly rolled her shoulders, trying to loosen her muscles but all she got in return was strange looks from the guests passing through the corridor, probably taking a break from all that dancing.

Hurriedly standing up straight, she rolled her neck one last time before quickly walking away, eager to avoid arousing suspicion.

She wasn't really supposed to linger around here. This was the most luxurious area of the banquet reserved only for the influential guests, their escorts and staff. And since Taehyung wasn't here yet, it wasn't safe to stay here longer than was necessary.

Moreover, she didn't really want to witness what went on behind the scenes of such high-class events. For all she knew, quite a lot of the famous directors, producers, actors and other artists present at the event were here to indulge in alcohol, women and promiscuous behaviour, probably having secret affairs behind the backs of their wives and girlfriends.

Events like these were held not only for media attention and publicity, they also helped cover up the licentiousness of these so-called elite of the industry.

Quickening her pace, she stopped right in front of the room that she'd been told to wait in. Already, the models were marching inside quickly stripping and getting ready for the ramp walk that was to take place shortly.

Y/N dreaded going inside and seeing half-naked models from different agencies flirting with each other, probably even making out and passing lewd comments about each other's bodies but she wasn't really left with an option. She had to wait inside until the producer arrived.

Bored, unimpressed looks welcomed her as she walked inside, placing the parcel on an empty table. She was almost contemplating sitting down but then, the door opened and Taehyung walked in. And he was—to her extreme irritation—followed by Cecile clinging onto his arm as she flashed her pearly whites at everyone.

Clearly, they all knew her. She'd been in the modelling industry for longer than anybody present in the room and consequently was looked up to by many of them.

She struggled to keep a straight face as she tapped the parcel, talking to no one in particular as everyone's gaze was fixed on the two most beautiful people she'd ever seen in her life.

She couldn't blame them for staring. Taehyung and Cecile, standing side by side, did look like the ultimate power couple—a drop-dead gorgeous supermodel with a notoriously handsome heartthrob.

"I'll just leave this here, then. Please tell Producer Choi that it's for the walk tonight." She avoided Taehyung's gaze that was burning holes into her and quickly spoke, her feet itching to march out of the room.

She didn't like how Taehyung was looking at her, almost as if telling her that there was little for him to lose from being away from her, that he had much better options at his disposal if she continued to push him away, and that he wouldn't wait long for her... he didn't have to.

One word, just one word was all it would take him to have thousands of women rushing into his arms.

She scoffed inwardly and stomped out of the room, eager to get out of his proximity and to get some fresh air but it seemed as if that wasn't acceptable to him either.

Taehyung and Cecile followed her out of the room, still sticking together as she tried her hardest not to look back. But she could hear him whispering something to her and she could hear Cecile's soft, lilting laughter follow. She was boiling with envy and curiosity but nevertheless, she kept her head high and paced forward, clenching her fists.

Indulging in the display of petty emotions the likes of envy, jealousy and anger were not characteristic to her and she wasn't going to let anything change that. Her self-respect wouldn't allow her to do that.

She didn't let her gait falter until she was sure she was out of their sight and only stopped walking until she was back behind the curtains, where she finally let the choking feeling of humiliation and shame reach up to her burning eyes and blinked the tears away.

Until when was Taehyung going to keep hurting her like this, no, until when was she going to keep hurting herself like this?

No matter what, she didn't deserve this to happen to her. She didn't deserve to feel this way about a man she'd already decided wasn't right for her.

She sniffed softly, the phone buzzing in her pocket distracting her.

Pulling it out, she glanced at the notifications and couldn't believe her eyes. Amongst a horde of other unread messages from her ex-boyfriend who she was determined to never reply to, there sat just one short text message. A message from Saerim.

Hello, Miss Y/N. I got your number from the agency since you're filling in for me at the moment.

I actually wanted to text Taehyung but wasn't sure if he still had his personal phone in his possession or not, so decided to text you instead so as to avoid causing any conflict between him and the agency. As you might already have learnt, he can be too emotional when it comes to his loved ones.

So please do me a favour and give him this news in my place. Even if you don't understand anything, just tell him what I'm about to tell you word for word and he'll understand. Please tell him that Jimin is not in a critical condition anymore. He's been saved and is showing good signs of recovery. The doctors say that he'll be able to lead a normal life very soon.

And also tell Taehyung to not worry anymore. Tell him that he should do well and return to Korea safely. Thank you.

Jimin was alright.

Taehyung was going to be alright as well.

Y/N smiled through the conflict in her heart and forwarded the text message to Taehyung. He deserved to know this as soon as possible.

This was a blessing. Both for Taehyung and herself, because the sooner he was done with his Paris photoshoot, the sooner they could return to Korea where she could finally put some much needed distance between them and breathe in peace without the guilt of jeopardising her professional career weighing her down.

Everything was going to be alright.