XIII | Happily Never After

Rumi took a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself for this new beginning she was about to take for herself

"Babygirl, it's going to be okay." Sir spoke softly to her to help calm her a little but it wasn't working.

To say Rumi was scared would be an understatement—she was terrified. This was a life-changing moment and she knew once she was married, she would have to move in with Juelz and everything would change for her. Rumi would have to become submissive to her husband—that alone terrified her. She loves her independence. Rumi loved living alone in her little home. She would have to give all of that up, and the only question that lingered in her head was she ready to give up everything she enjoyed.

As her mind wandered, she began to think about Shiloh and her mental ramble seem to cease. She wished Shiloh or just anyone would come and object for her at this moment. She wasn't ready for this. Rumi was not ready to give up her independence and she was not ready to give up living alone in peace. Everything Dior spoke to her about earlier was now hitting her like a train wreck. Rumi did not want this marriage and she was not in love with Juelz.

Rumi wished it did not take this long for her to realize what she truly desired. She hated she didn't realize it when Juelz asked her. She does not doubt that Juelz asked her. Rumi doesn't doubt that Juelz will try to make her happy. She just knew that no matter what Juelz did for her to try and make her happy, she wouldn't be. She would not be truly happy with Juelz. Rumi didn't want to hurt herself or Juelz.

"Dad I can't do this!" Rumi stated and glanced up at her father. Rumi mentally prayed that her father would not be upset with her and about her decision to not marry Juelz.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Sir started and the both of them sighed in relief. The big of them was relieved at her decision.

"But dad, what are we going to do about this wedding? Everyone is here. Mom is going to flip! She's going to be so mad at me. Dad what if," Rumi rambled on out of fright, and Sir cut her off.

"Rumi, please breathe and calm down honey. Don't worry about any of this, and don't worry about your mom. I'll handle her." Sir tried to cease Rumi's worries.

Both Sir and Ruki wanted their oldest daughter to be married, but Sir could see in his daughter's eyes that she was not in love with Juelz and he knew that if she was not in love with him now that she would never be in love with him even after they were married. Sir would never want to see his daughter with someone she was not in love with. He wanted her to be with someone who was going to make her happy. Ruki, on the other hand, didn't care whether her daughter was happy or not, she just wanted her to be married.

"Listen baby girl, this is what we are going to do, I know this is going to be hard for you, but I need you to act normal. When you go to the alter just act normal. When they ask does anyone objects then I'll say," Sir was cut off by the devil himself coming into the room and clapping loudly causing Sir to turn around.