XIV | New Beginnings

As Rumi lied next to Shiloh, he ran his hand lightly through her long hair as she slept peacefully and undisturbed

As Rumi lied next to Shiloh, he ran his hand lightly through her long hair as she slept peacefully and undisturbed. The only thing Shiloh could think about were the terrible events that occurred two day ago. Thinking about it only infuriated Shiloh all over again. After taking a deep breath, Shiloh shook his head to rid the thoughts and sighed. Just as Shiloh was about to get up he stopped in his tracks at the sound of Rumi's sweet voice.

"Min fadlik la tratrakani wahadiyun huna. (Please don't leave me here alone)." Rumi whispered softly to Shiloh and lightly grabbed his wrist without opening her eyes. Rumi was still a little shaken'd up by the events that occurred two days ago as well and since then, Rumi had only wanted to be in Shiloh's presence—no one else's. Her parents and her sister were all worried. No one, other than herself and Shiloh, knew her whereabouts. Her father was the only person who knew who she was with, but he didn't know where they were. Rumi was not in the mood to be around anyone other than Shiloh right now and Shiloh didn't mind her being cooped up under him lately. She was where he truly wanted her to be and he was content as well as Rumi.

"In 'adhhab 'iilaa 'ayi makanin. (I'm not going anywhere)." Shiloh said to Rumi as he rubbed her hand with his thumb. "Iirje 'iilaa alnuwm. (Go back to sleep)." Shiloh stated before getting up and walking over to his bedroom window.

Rumi took one final glance at Shiloh as he stood at the window before closing her eyes to return to her peaceful sleep. Shiloh gazed out the window and listened to the sound of Rumi's soft breaths. He would occasionally glance behind him to make sure Rumi was okay and undisturbed. Simba walked into the room and over to Rumi as she lied in bed. He rubbed his head against her forehead a couple of times before going over to a Shiloh and laid by his feet.

"You like her, don't you?" Shiloh asked Simba and Simba rubbed his head against Shiloh's leg. "I figured, so do I."

Simba got up from the floor and lied down near Rumi's feet and moments later, Shiloh followed suit and laid next to Rumi. Once Rumi felt his presence near her, she snuggled next to his side. Shikoh wrapped his arm around her before kissing her forehead and the both of them drifted to sleep.

• • •

"What do you mean you don't know? Where the hell is my damn daughter Sir? You were the one who was supposed to walk her so the aisle!" Ruki was so angry and nothing could calm her down at the moment. As the days went by her anger only grew. Each day that she was unsure about Rumi's whereabouts her fury grew more and more. She was angry with everything and everybody and all she wanted to do at the moment was rip someone's head off.  She only cared about her daughter, where she was, and if he was safe. It was killing her that she didn't know where Rumi was, or who she was with.

"That is my daughter too, Ruki! I want her back home and safe just as bad as you do, but don't you think that if I knew her whereabouts that I would have been brought out baby girl back at home by now?" Sir shouted.

Dior tried to drown out their hollering and yelling as much as she could. Door plugged her ears and tried to drift off to sleep, but nothing worked. Sighing Dior shook her head as many thoughts ran through her mind. She wondered where Rumi was and if she was okay and safe just as her parents wondered. On the bright side, she was glad her sister did not marry Juelz and she was happy he was banned from the land.

Dior had flashbacks of the scene from two days ago and the images that flashed in her mind of her father and Rumi still haunted her even in her dreams. Dior shook her head of the thoughts and images from her mind. She got up from her bed and packed a bag full of clothes before going to her bedroom window and easing out.

Once Dior arrived at her destination she knocked on the door and waited silently. Hearing the locks turn, Dior became nervous, but when she saw Sage's face after he swung open the door her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Dropping her bag, she jumped on Sage and wrapped her legs and arms around him, and sighed in relief.

"I've missed you so much, " Dior started as they stayed in the doorway in each other's embrace. Dior gazed at him and admired him.

"I miss you more than you know," Sage stated and pressed his lips  to Dior's lips. Dior bit Sage's lip before letting it go.

"Girl, don't start something that I will have to finish," Sage warned Dior.

"Boy please, you know I'm not scared of nothing and I'm all about that action," Dior boasted. As she jumped down from Sage, she picked her bag up and went inside. Sage watched in admiration as Dior walked backwards and motioned with her finger for Sage to come near.

"Don't run either," Sage warned once more before stepping inside and shutting the door behind him while shaking his head." This girl is gonna be the death of me."

______________
Published: December 7, 2021
WC: 0.9K