Prologue

Keyframe

n. a moment that seemed innocuous at the time but ended up marking a diversion into a strange new era of your life

~

*Peter Parker's P.O.V*
Peter was late. Like really late. In fact he had missed half of his first period, Science. There was a store being robbed downtown which he had stopped to help, so dripping in sweat he crashed through the door of Ms Warren classroom and the whole class turned to look at him.

"Late again, Mr Parker" the teacher said, not turning from the whiteboard. She continued her lecture as if a sweaty teenager didn't just interrupt her lesson for the 4th time this week.

Peter muttered his apologies and went to sit in the only remaining chair. Next to Flash Thompson.

Ned glanced at him apologetically from his seat next to his girlfriend, Betty.

Peter sat down next to Flash who smirked at him.

This was gonna be bad day.

*Flash Thompson's P.O.V*
Flash was not having a good day. Both of his parents still refused to acknowledge is existence so he "accidentally" smashed a plate on the floor to get their attention.

It had worked, well they both yelled at him for 20 minutes which Flash figured was better then nothing.

Then at school his first lesson was Science. A lesson he shared with none of his friends. To make matters worse Peter Parker burst in half a hour late again and Ms Warren didn't even care.

Perfect Peter Parker who all the teachers loved. Peter Parker with his fake Stark Internship. Peter Parker with his spot on the decathlon team. Peter Parker who always turns up late.

If Flash had turned up halfway through the lesson he would've gotten detention before he had one foot through the door.

Peter sat in the only available seat, next to Flash. He smirked at Peter.

Ms Warren told the class to get some chemicals from the front. Peter got up and Flash had a sudden idea.

Peter returned carrying 5 test tubes filled with brightly coloured liquid.

Flash stuck out his foot. Peter tripped spilling the chemicals over both of them.

"PARKER WHAT DID YOU DO?" Flash shrieked, attracting everyone's attention.

Peter started to stutter out an apology but Ms Warren ushered them out of the lab. "Boy's go get cleaned up" she said.

Peter glared at Flash but didn't say anything.

The pair walked to the nearest toilet in silence where they started to clean themselves up.

The bell that signaled the end of lesson rang, the two boys left the toilet and walked of in different directions.

Little did they know their life's would soon be changed forever

°^°
I'm trying to improve my writing so any constructive criticism is appreciated x