Distractions & Mr Stark

Lonesome-Fret

That feeling of restlessness or unease that comes from being on your own too long

~

Peter Parker's P.O.V
Peter teaching his lifelong bully to use his web shooters definitely was an experience. Just being near him and not being made fun of or punched was a big change. It would definitely take some getting used to.

After some practice and falling on his face a lot, Flash was actually pretty decent at web swinging. Peter guessed this was because Flash spent most of his free time watching Spiderman swing around New York in low quality YouTube videos. (Yes Peter knew about Flash's Spiderman appreciation channel and his Instagram account, @spideyno1fan_) 

Because of the situation that they were in, the atmosphere between them was almost friend like. Almost.

Peter had texted Ned to reassure him that everything's alright because he knew his friend would be freaking out.

Mr Stark said he would handle Aunt May and the school and Bruce Banner would arrive in the morning to help so he should be able to relax. But he couldn't. What if something went wrong? What if him and Flash get stuck forever? What would happen to New York without Spiderman?

He took a deep breath and glanced at Flash's watch. With Peter's metabolism Flash was probably hungry so he took Flash to get lunch.

*

The penthouse kitchen was still full of the take away boxes the avengers and him had eaten from the night they left for Japan. No one felt like cleaning up so they watched Frozen II instead. And the boxed just stayed there.

Peter moved all the trash to one side and started making sandwiches.

Bucky was teaching him how to cook but Peter's mind was too preoccupied to make anything fancy.

"FRIDAY, where's Mr Stark?" He asked absent mindedly

"Sir is currently running tests on yours and Mr Thompson's DNA to try and find a way to return you to normal"

Peter tried to stay calm "Can you please call him in for lunch."

"Sir said 'maybe later kid', would you like me to initiate the 'Tony do basic human functions or else' program"

"I can handle this thanks FRIDAY"

Peter was fuming, Mr Stark was over working again. When he was stressed Mr Stark locked himself in the lab and worked constantly for days, surviving on coffee and energy drinks. Recently, he had been doing it less and living a healthier lifestyle.

But now he was back in the lab, refusing food and Peter wasn't having any of it.

Peter stormed out of the kitchen, Flash, not knowing what to do, followed uncertainty.

Peter burst into the lab where Mr Stark was hunched over the table. He looked up when the door was flung open.

He already looked jetlagged and stressed.

Peter raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"I'm not hungry" Mr Stark said and made to turn back to his work.

Peter pulled Mr Stark to his feet and guided him to the kitchen while lecturing him on the importance of not shutting people out, not over working and how too much coffee is bad for you.

Flash watched the scene play out in front of him with a mixture of fear, shock and wonder. 

Peter forced Mr Stark into a chair, put a plate of food in front of him and crossed his arms.

"You're not shutting yourself away again. I'm fine, you don't need to worry. We'll find out what happened and fix it but you'll be no help to anyone if you drown yourself in coffee"

Reluctantly, Mr Stark picked 
up his sandwich and started eating.

Peter and Flash ate in silence because he was keeping a close eye on his mentor throughout the meal.

*

Mr Stark looked a better for eating.

"Thanks kid" he said "I'm just worried. . . I've never seen anything like this. . ." Peter cut him off

"It's fine, everything will be back to normal soon"

Peter knew that Mr Stark was scared to lose him again, he had never truly been the same after the battle against Thanos.

Mr Stark nodded "I'm going to have a lie down. Stay out of trouble"

He left leaving Peter and Flash alone.

"So. . ." Flash said

"When he gets stressed about stuff he immerses himself in his work and blocks everyone out. He barely eats or sleeps. So yeah that's what that was." Peter finished.

"He doesn't think we can change back?"

"No he does, he just doesn't like things he can't control and because he can't sort it out straight away, he's kinda spiralling" Peter said "Anyway wanna watch a film?"

Peter needed a distraction. He needed to process his thoughts and he could tell Flash did as well.

Flash nodded and Peter put on the first film recommend to him, 6 underground

The film was probably great but neither of them were really watching it. They had too much on their minds.

*

When that one finished they put on another.

It was starting to get dark outside by the time Peter decided to have an early night.

"I'm going to bed, you can stay here if you want"

Flash stayed staring blankly at the screen in the same position he'd been in for the past 5 hours. "Yeah you go, I'll come when this finishes"

Peter went to his room and got ready for bed. He suddenly felt exhausted but he couldn't sleep. He just lay awake thinking about the day.

He heard Flash come in a while later and his breathing turn slow and rhythmic.

Eventually, Peter fell asleep hoping that he would wake up and this nightmare of a day would all turn out to be a bad dream.

~•~

Things I should be doing instead of writing this chapter: Revising for a French test and sleeping

And that Instagram account I mentioned earlier @spideyno1fan_ is a actual account that is what Flash's account would be. Idk but I thought it was cool 😂

 Idk but I thought it was cool 😂