Why didn't you tell me?

Epiphany

a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization

~

Peter Parker's P.O.V
Peter paused before pushing the lab door open. He knew he should have told Mr Stark but he was already a big enough burden and he could deal with them without help. He was used to it.

Cautiously, Peter opened the door. Mr Stark stood in the middle of the room with his arms crossed. He had a weird expression on his face, a mixture of anger, sadness and disappointment.

"Nice of you to join me" he said.

Bruce had already left, probably to look at the test results.

"Mr Stark, I'm sorry, I should've told you I get sensory overloads but-"

"Peter stop." Mr Stark took a deep breath "I just want to know why you didn't tell me. I could've helped"

"You've already done so much for me" Peter whispered "and I've dealt with it since before I met you. I had gotten used to it"

"Peter you've got to stop keeping stuff from me. You're not alone, I can help you. Do you not trust me?-"

"No of course I do-"

"I just don't understand. I want to help but you keep shutting me out. Why?"

The conversation Peter had with Flash about Mr Stark being his father figure kept playing in his mind. It bothered him that his points started to make sense.

Peter bowed his head "I don't know. I guess I try to distance myself from people I care about because whenever I get to close they always betray me or die. I tend to do stuff by myself and not ask for help if I need it because scared to bother them and I'm worried they'll think that I'm annoying or something like that . . ." He trailed off.

Peter had never really talked about his fears out loud. That small voice in the back of his mind always talked about him not being wanted and him being a danger to others. But after he admitted it to Mr Stark and his conversation with Flash earlier the voice seemed to get quieter. It didn't seem as important. .

It didn't define him.

*

Mr Stark looked like he wanted to ask a million questions but he stared with one. "You care about me?"

"Yeah I do, Dad"

"Did you call me Dad?"

"nO, i said yeah I do mAN'

"Do you see me as a father figure Peter?"

"No if anything I see you as a bother figure because your always bothering me"

"Show your father some respect" FRIDAY piped in.

"I didn't call him dad!"

"1. you watch too much Brooklyn 99 2. Don't panic I see you as a son Peter, and I worry about you getting hurt. A lot" He pulled Peter into a tight hug that Peter returned.

*

"So are we there now?"

"Shut up. But yeah, we're there"

*

Not that either of them would admit it but both of their eyes shone with tears.

They stood there for a while just enjoying the moment until Bruce came in reading from a clipboard closely followed by Flash.

Flash smirked at Peter who rolled his eyes.

Peter pulled out his phone and sent a text to Ned and MJ
*

Peter pulled out his phone and sent a text to Ned and MJ *

Btw MJ knows about Spiderman.

"Peter are you listening?" Flash snapped his fingers in front of his face.

"Like I was saying" Bruce said "the test results didn't show much. The equipment we need, we don't have-."

"-But we know where to find it" Dad interrupted.

"For this to succeed there is someone else we need"

"I know"

Who do u think it is?

Also sorry the chapters a bit late.

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting. It means a lot, it's really helps motivate me x