Peter, he is your father

Gnossienne

n. a moment of awareness that someone you’ve known for years still has a private and mysterious inner life, and somewhere in the hallways of their personality is a door locked from the inside, a stairway leading to a wing of the house that you’ve never fully explored—an unfinished attic that will remain maddeningly unknowable to you, because ultimately neither of you has a map, or a master key, or any way of knowing exactly where you stand.

~

Flash Thompson's P.O.V
Get in the tube thing they said. It will be fine they said. It will be quick they said. What they didn't mention is that he would have a full on sensory overload.

*

Flash didn't like it much in the machine thing. He was pretty claustrophobic and the constant whirring was driving him mad. After a while he stared getting a headache, gradually it got worse and worse. Flash didn't really notice it at the time but he could hear A LOT better then he should.

When he felt the machine move he breathed a sigh of relief.

But as soon as he left the machine Flash knew something was very wrong.

His knees buckled.

Suddenly all the lights were too bright.

Everything was too loud.

The smell was overpowering.

Everything felt wrong to touch.

He could taste everything he had eaten over the last 24 hours simultaneously.

Flash put his hands over his ears and scrunched up his eyes, desperately trying to make it stop.

Tony Stark and Bruce Banner ran over to try and help but their footsteps felt like earthquakes and he recoiled at their touch.

Someone dropped something on the second floor.

He smelled pizza coming from the canteen.

Someone's shoe squeaked on the fourth floor.

His brain was being overloaded with information.

His heart was in his throat.

Salty tears burned his face but he couldn't remember crying.

It was too much.

Too loud.

Too bright.

Too everything.

He wanted it to stop.

Why wasn't it stopping?

Flash had to restrain himself from clawing his eyes out.

He didn't know what was happening, he was terrified.

He heard Peter run over. Flash whimpered at the noise.

Peter probably whispered but it sounded like he was shouting in his ear "Flash you've got to breathe ok? Copy me"

Peter started taking long, slow breaths. Flash tried to copy him but his breathing was raspy and uneven.

After a while, Flash's breathing started evening out, his hearing went back to normal, his sense of smell, touch, sight and taste went back to normal. Untill he felt sick but nothing that bad.

"What the hell was that?" Flash croaked hoarsely.

"Good question" Tony Stark asked.

And by the look on his face, he wasn't happy.