XIV : Trust

507 READS?!? 😭 THANK YOU GUYS! ❤️
We've only got approximately 5 chapters left so I hope you enjoy!

~ MC

We've been venturing off into the forest for few days now. Aang and I went sliding down. "Hey look," He picked up the sword stuck on the ground. "a sword made out of a whale's tooth."

Sokka followed us down and grabbed the sword. "Let me see that." He looked at it curiously. "This is a Water Tribe weapon. See if you can find anything else."

We scattered off looking for anything like it. I went through some bushes but they were all empty. "Did someone lose something?" I heard Katara ask.

"No actually, we found something." I spoke up.

Sokka examines the trees, it all had scorched marks on it. "There was a battle. Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders. The firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill."

He rushed down and into the beach. Katara Aang and I followed right behind him. "So then what happened?" Aang asked.

"I don't know. The trail ends here." Sokka said sadly.

"Wait, look!" Katara pointed at a washed up boat.

"It's one of our boats!" Sokka exclaimed and rushed to it, Katara behind him.

I turned to Aang, and he shrugged. We followed them after. "Dad was here." I heard Sokka say.

"That's great!" I told the two waterbenders and they smiled at me.

We decided to make camp by the ship. Night fell and Katara and Aang were fast asleep. I couldn't sleep, so I sat down beside Sokka. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing..." He mumbled as he continued to poke the fire with a stick

"Really? Cause you've been poking that fire for ten minutes now." I playfully nudged him. "What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about my Dad, I wanted to go with him, you know when they went out for war." He paused. "But he didn't let me go, told me to stay with Katara and protect her, I'm not saying I don't want to protect her it's just that..." He sighed. "I miss him."

"And I'm sure he misses you too. We'll see him soon Sokka, I'm sure of it." I reassured him as I leaned onto him.

"Thanks Alara." He gave me a small smile.

We heard a rustle in the bushes. We both got up ready to attack. "Who's there?!" Sokka yelled out.

"Sokka?" A man came out of the shadows. He had an arm wrapped in bandages and he was wearing Water Tribe clothes.

"Bato?" Sokka beamed.

"Who the what now?" I heard Aang saw followed by a yawn.

"Bato!" Katara exclaimed.

"Sokka! Katara!" Bato smiled as they ran towards him and gave him a hug. "It's so good to see you two. You've grown so much."

Aang and I approached the three and bowed. "Hi I'm Aang."

"And I'm Alara."

"Where's dad?"

"Is he here?"

Both Katara and Sokka asked Bato.

"No, he and the other warriors should be in the Eastern Earth Kingdom by now." Bato told the two.
The cold air made us shiver. "This is no place for a reunion. Let's get inside." He turned and motioned is to follow.