XVIII : Surprises and Disappointments

Helloooo Guys! First off...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL 🎉🎄 Hope you all having a great Christmas!

THANK YOU ALSO FOR 1K+ READS 😭❤️

This will be the second to the last chapter, we're almost near the end! Thank you for sticking by for this long! ❣️

So that's all hope you enjoy the chap!

~ MC

I cheered as Katara yet again defeated another of Master Pakku's students trapping him in ice.

"Nice try Pupil Sangkok." Master Pakku said. "A couple more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge." He released his student from the ice. "Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?"

None volunteered, they all looked so tired and beat. "Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained." Master Pakku told her. "You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything." He turned to Aang. "Raw talent alone isn't enough."

I looked at Aang and he was playing around with Momo. "Pupil Aang!" Pakku called out. "Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure, since you found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending."

"I wouldn't say mastered but checked this out." Aang bended the snow and made himself into a snowman.

I facepalmed myself, as the two waterbenders gave a sigh. I went up to them. "I would like to spar, if you don't mind."

Katara looked to Pakku and he nodded. I readied myself and faced Katara. "We'll still be friends after this right?" She asked.

I smiled. "Depends on how hard you hit me."

Katara attacked first sending water at me. I evaded easily, got to thank the Monks for that. I spent most of the first few minutes evading the attacks, wearing Katara down. I saw an opening at Katara's feet and I blasted air at her. She stumbled down, this caught the attention of the other waterbenders.

She quickly got back up, turning the water into ice shooting it at me. I blocked the ice with the air, sending it back to Katara. Her eyes widened but quickly dispersed it. I noticed her breathing becoming short. I smirked. "She's getting tired."

I took this opportunity and  sent a blast of air to Katara. She fell down, "Ok I yield." She called out.

I rushed towards her and extended a hand. "You good?"

She took my hand and I pulled her up. "Yeah, but this won't be the last time."

I smiled. "Oh I'm counting on it."

We laughed and sat down. This time watching Aang's progress in waterbending. He still has a long way to go.

As Aang was still training, I went for a little flying to clear my head. I landed down on a snowy mountain. This past few days I haven't gotten that much sleep. Every time I would close my eyes, I could hear the explosion of the ship. The dream kept replaying in my head haunting me every night, I could hear Zuko's scream as he saw the explosion.

A tear escaped, I caught it with my fingers. "Get yourself together Alara! No more tears..." I stood up and forced a smile. "It's just Zuko...just...Zuko."

I sat back down and stared at the sun. "This has to mean something." I crossed my legs and started to meditated. I calmed my breathing, listening to waves, to the snow. I sucked in a breathe, a sharp pain spread in my chest. Flashes of blue and red clouded my vision, a faint picture of two fish, one was swimming rapidly while the other was dead still.