it's you - part two

alex's door opened and you stood, almost in shock. he was stood in his tartan pyjamas and dressing gown, holding a cup of tea but almost dropped it as he saw you. he was used to seeing you happy, laughing; not overly-emotional, without any makeup and desperate. the pair of you were hesitant to talk but one of you would have to start at some point. alex began to speak after clearing his throat,

"would you like a cup of tea?"

you let a huge sigh of relief, took in the warm and welcoming feeling of alex's voice and nodded as you walked into his home. you followed him through to the lounge where he put his tea on the coffee table and picked up the huge blanket he was clearly tucked up in before you arrived.

"i haven't said hello yet, i'm so sorry!"

"i was about to get very upset, thank god you realised."

alex opened the blanket as he opened his arms for a hug. you could've melted in his arms there and then but being wrapped up by him and in his blanket sufficed for then. he headed into the kitchen where you heard your tea being made. you sat on the sofa and curled your legs o get comfortable. alex returned shortly after and sat beside you, sulking until you left him have some of the blanket.

"so what's happening? you seem a bit emotional and you've come to my house at eleven pm. is something wrong?"

"everything. i know me and jim seemed really happy but i wasn't and for months i haven't stopped thinking about you..."

alex's face lit up as he took in what you were saying. however, you couldn't read the next expression on his face as he planned what he wanted to say back.

"y/n..."