encouragement

tomorrow was a huge day for you.
any night shoot was your worst enemy. you'd done it all before but with your recent casting news, nerves that you'd buried deep were beginning to resurface.
recently, you'd received the phone call to offer you the position of anna taylor in sherlock's new series. she was to be a genuine love interest of the detective and it was a huge plot twist and responsibility to take up. so naturally, you were swarmed with a sense over overwhelmingness.
you'd avoided your boyfriend, alex almost all day. you knew he'd try and tell you how much of a perfect woman you were or how well you acted. his sensitivity and kindness would only make you more nervous; fearing you'd let him down if anything went wrong.
alex sat downstairs in your london home and read your script for the first time. you could hear his laugh echoing up the stairs and a few gasps as he unveiled the plot.
you however, relied on your armchair in your bedroom to keep you safe. you'd read the script at least twenty times already and another once would push you over the edge. so instead, you flicked through the pages of a photo album created just after your huge birthday party at the savoy hotel in london.
the door received a small thud at the bottom before slowly creaking open. alex stood holding two mugs and a packet of bourbon biscuits hung from his mouth. you could tell he tried to smile but didn't want to drop the biscuits. he placed the two mugs on his bedside table and nodded his head back to invite you over. you walked to the bed and laid in the same position in which he was in.
his chest pressed against your back and a hand ran through your hair. alex told you to calm down and breath easy, to listen to his breath and feel his heartbeat.
he knew how to make you feel better, every time.