home

you sat in your hot, bubbly bath, sipping on a glass of prosecco as the 1975's second album played quietly through the speakers. normally, alex would either be in the bath with you or sat on the armchair in the corner of your bathroom; he'd been away for the past seven nights and was due home soon. this was the longest the pair off you had been apart and you hated it. you didn't tell him that you couldn't bear it, however. his work was so important to him and you dreaded thinking that you'd possibly be standing in his way. 
the bathroom door slowly opened from behind you. the cold air struck your back but soon enough, the feeling of warmth and safety from your love followed. 

"hello, you."

you couldn't contain your smile or the tears in your eyes. almost dropping your glass, you put in on the side to hug your boyfriend, the both of you ignoring how wet his sweatshirt was getting. 

"i've missed you!"

"and i've missed you."

you took just a moment to look alex in the eyes, reminding yourself of everything you loved. he smiled before kissing you, something you'd both been waiting for for a week. 

"room for one more?" 

alex asked, briefly pulling away and pointing at the water.