dead boy

stood around the grave that your brother was being lowered into, your fiancé stood beside you. he kept a straight face, kept strong for you. you knew just how much he was hurting, your brother was his best friend; he introduced the pair of you at a young age and you hit it off from there. your brother was your lifeline just as much as he was alex's.
the dreaded night was a celebration of your engagement that would turn into a marriage with a few weeks. you, alex, your brother and your sister-in-law were enjoying cocktails and pizzas in the shard and it was getting late. your sister-in-law insisted you and her take and uber and the boys follow - she had some girly things to talk about. before the boys' uber arrived a gang of four boys demanded them for their money and valuables. they gave what they had but it wasn't enough. your brother became the victim of a brutal multiple stabbing, he fell at alex's feet.
watching your brother enter the darkness of the soil, alex made an attempt to hold your hand. you quickly snatched your hand away from his and held it with your own.

"i'm sorry i couldn't do anything."

and he couldn't, be called the police and ambulance as the boys were still mugging the two but it took too long to arrive. he did what he was taught in scouts about first aid but that wasn't enough. he tried his best. he felt guilty, still.

"yeah right."