One

"Come back soon, okay?" A (H/c)-haired girl calls out as the black Nightfury began to fly away, the happy creature turned around and gave her one of his toothless smiles.

"Don't get hurt, okay? Promise me?" The night fury nodded and took off, excited to return, they thought they would reunite no sooner than later, but little did they know.

__________

Toothless just wanted to go back, she had specifically told him to avoid the war, but here he was, shot down and falling out of the sky.

Toothless began to panic, he flapped his wings in hopes it would save him from the painful fate that would await him. The fall damage wouldn't hurt him immensely, but it would still hurt.

As he neared the ground, he began to panic, he shot at a tree hoping it would do something, but it didn't. He fell through a thick swarm of branches, wincing as he broke every branch in his way.

But alas, he did land, and it wasn't as comfortable as he'd imagined. He landed on the ground with a thud, his vision immediately going out as a wave of exhaustion took over.

__________

"Where is he? It's been two weeks?" (Y/n) frowned as she kicked the ground, watching as the sun set for the 7th time since she last saw Toothless.

"Maybe they were right, maybe dragons don't really care." (Y/n) mutter bitterly, "They're too majestic and powerful for a tiny human like me."

__________

"Toothless?" Hiccup calls out, "Where are you going?" He forced his feet to run faster as his dragon sped up.

Toothless didn't respond to any of his remarks, he seemed fixated over something, he moved through the bushes, going down the mountain at an incredibly fast pace.

"Did you find something, buddy?" Hiccup continues, narrowly dodging the swish of Toothless' tail.

Eventually, Toothless did came to a stop, right in front of a cave where footsteps were splattered on the ground.

"H-Help..."  A voice called out.