Ten

Hiccup didn't know what pushed him to even agree to this. He didn't know why he kept second-guessing himself recently. He was never the type to be so confused as to what was the right thing to even do. He always knew what outcomes would come out of each decision he could make. He was sure it was (Y/n) that kept throwing him off. She was just so difficult to understand. Her intentions were unclear, and her methods were unexpected.

Yet here they were, riding off towards a small speck of land in the middle of the sea. The sky around them had turned orange, signaling it was about dawn. The clouds were crowding around, though not covering an inch of the sinking sun. The waters were surprisingly still, unlike how it was back at the docks. 

It was as if the environment was gradually changing as they advanced towards their destination.

Hiccup felt the pair of arms wrapped around his waist hug him tighter. He felt a head rest against his back and snuggle close to him. It was (Y/n), dozing off because of exhaustion. It was understandable due to the things they've been through, but it wasn't very ideal to fall asleep on a dragon while you're flying above the ocean.

"(Y/n)?" Hiccup called out, his eyes still furrowed as he resurfaced from his deep thinking. 

(Y/n) hummed in response but quickly realized what she was doing and composed herself immediately. "Sorry." She rubbed her eyes and blinked in attempt to adjust her vision.

Hiccup nodded and turned his attention back on flying. Toothless seemed oddly quiet throughout the ride as well, he hoped it didn't mean the Nightfury wanted to pass out any moment possible. 

They soon arrived at their destination, a small island with a large rock that was big enough to function like a small mountain. The island was clearly abandoned, the only living things on it were some wild plants and any guests that decided to stop by.

(Y/n) quickly hopped off Toothless the moment they landed and stretched, then she went over to a satchel she brought with her and fed Toothless some fish.

Hiccup observed their scenery and noticed there was absolutely nothing special about this island. He was starting to believe this was all a hoax or that (Y/n) planned to kill him with the cooperation of his own best friend.

"Deserted. Completely lifeless." He comments, making hand gestures to prove how empty the place was. (Y/n) turned her gaze at him and rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"There are lots of plants that are very much not dead, but even so, this isn't the real deal." She chuckled.

They made their way up the large rock, arriving at the highest point which overlooked a large vicinity. That's when Hiccup finally saw it, the diamond mountains that shined from afar.

It looked almost too dreamy, like those illustrations you'd see on a children's book. They were small specks of sparkling silver or blue, like tiny diamonds stuck onto the sky. Hiccup could tell they were reasonably far, for he could barely see any of the details from this phenomenon.

"Do you see?" (Y/n) questions, grinning widely as Hiccup's facial expressions were more than enough to display his look of curiosity. Just like the moment (Y/n) laid her eyes on the diamond mountains, he was clearly intrigued.

"Diamond mountains?" Hiccup asks, shaking his head to stop his thoughts from being sidetracked and thinking of new ideas that would further add more work on his list.

(Y/n) nodded and sat on the edge, swinging her legs as she closed her eyes. "Toothless and I have only been there once, but we were kicked out by something unknown... Ever since then, we've been planning to return and stay permanently."