Two

"Just hang in there! We're coming!" A wave of relief rushes through the (H/c) girl, her arms gaining more strength due to the spark of hope. She was just about to give up and let her body fall down the pit when she heard signs of life in the cave apart from her.

A messy-haired brunet peeks over the edge and spots the girl hanging for her life, "Toothless, lower your tail gently." He says calmly, though his heart was pounding.

The night fury obliged and did so, facing away from the pit and lowering his tail.

"Grab on and hold on tight." Hiccup nods, once the girl's safety was secured on Toothless' tail, he patted him and said, "Alright, bud."

Soon, the girl was back to safety, standing on her own feet on the ground.

"Thank you." She sighed in relief, "I almost thought I was about to die..."

"No problem." Hiccup smiles, getting onto his feet, "Now if you'd answer my question.... How'd you end up in that situation?"

"Well I... My clan's currently on an ongoing war... They were leaving this place when I got thrown off my father's ride since they knew they wouldn't survive..." (Y/n) answers hesitantly, "I ventured off through this dark cave and didn't realize I was walking towards a pit."

Hiccup simply nods, "I didn't know any clans were still at war until now."

"Well... My clan isn't exactly very known for certain reasons." (Y/n) smiled sadly, patting Toothless' head who accepted it gladly.

Toothless' face lit up as she looked up and gazed at the girl's face. Suddenly, it seemed as if the dragon couldn't smile any larger as she tackled the girl down and began licking her.

"Ah— what's with the sloppy kisses?" (Y/n) laughs, trying to push away the dragon to no avail.

"He does that when he's excited, though he's not ever done that to anyone other than me." Hiccup shrugs, "I suppose he felt that he could trust you."

Hiccup turns to the ecstatic dragon and places a hand on his head, "Alright bud, how about we bring her back home and let her recover. It seems she's been through a lot."

"You'd really let me stay at your place?" (Y/n) raised a eyebrow, getting up as Toothless ended his slobbery attack.

"You've been through a lot, the least we can do is offer you hospitality." Hiccup says, "No come on, it's near dark and we'll struggle to get back."

And so, the dragon rider, the dragon, and the acquaintance headed out of the cave, hopeful to never find any of themselves in that situation again.

The moment the sunset set light upon the three and made each other's appearances much more clear, (Y/n) looked at Toothless in shock, "Black?"

Toothless nodded his head furiously and tackled her once more, beginning another round of slobbery kisses.

"Black?" Hiccup raised an eyebrow, questioning their relations to each other, "Have you met before?"

"Yes... Black and I used to be friends when I was younger." (Y/n) answers, "I thought he left me that one day! Turns out he just found another friend, one that's better than me." She jokes

Hiccups laughs nervously, "Not exactly... Toothless— Black and I didn't meet on the best terms. We've both lost a limb from the formation of our friendship as well." Hiccup jokes, raising his metal foot and gesturing for Toothless' tail replicant.

"I see." (Y/n) hums, examining Toothless' new tail, "It looks really good! You two look like you were made for each other!"

"We do, don't we?" Hiccup chuckles, scratching the bottom of Toothless' head.

"Well, it's no wonder Toothless wasn't as hesitant to befriend me... It only took a first flight and some fish and bam! Slowly he began to warm up." Hiccup starts, "I guess he already knew that humans were capable of not killing them on sight."

"Yes, they are capable of it... But not all are like that." (Y/n) frowns, "Anyways... Shall we go? The sun's going down."

__________

"Hey, who's the new girl?" The fierce, familiar blonde approaches Hiccup as he removed Toothless' saddle.

They had just gotten home after dark, and of course, everyone was quite skeptical about the chief's son bringing hone a stranger who looked as if they'd lived out in the wild for years.

Of course, the women didn't even hesitate and even offered to help (Y/n) get cleaned up. But not Astrid. You could even say she was... Jealous.

"She's a girl Toothless' and I found hanging off a cliff. Toothless seems to have known her in the past as well, so I figured, why not?" Hiccup explained.

"You didn't even bother to give us a heads up? She could be a spy in disguise for all we know!" Astrid says in disbelief, "Hiccup, don't you think you're being a little rash?"

"But Toothless trusts her. We all know dragon's have better senses and instincts than us." Hiccup answers calmly.

By now, Toothless had already walked away.

"So what? It doesn't mean dragons can't make mistakes!" Astrid rolls her eyes, "I swear, you have this mindset that dragons are gods."

"Not really." Hiccup laughs nervously before getting up and sighing, "Look, Astrid, if anything happens, it's on me. I don't want anyone to be left alone in the wild, especially after what she just experienced."

Astrid huffs and walks away without another word. She secretly hoped something would go wrong just so her suspicions could be correct.

"Now to find Toothless...." Hiccup sighs, scratching the back of his neck, "Where did he go?"

Hiccup walks around for a while before he finally finds him.

There he was, by the beach, sound asleep with their acquaintance sleeping next to him.

Toothless had wrapped her in his wings, protecting her from almost any danger that awaited.

"I see... So that's how it is." Hiccup mutters, "How close are you two exactly?"