Nine

'BANG' (Y/n) shook in place as she stared deep into the eyes of her father, terrified at his presence. Her father was angry, his eyes displayed that he'd go wild if no one were to do anything about it. (Y/n) knew that due to her actions, certain consequences could take place, and she had no choice but to face them.

"You ran away... scaring your mother and I to death... only to live on an island inhabited by people who normalize being with these monsters?" He exclaimed, enraged at the audacity of his own daughter to completely go against their own beliefs.

(Y/n) flinched, wanting nothing more than to just run away or hide. Her father when angry was truly frightening. What could make a person angrier than the thought of their own child growing up with an opposing belief than that they've been raised with? 

(Y/n) pushed herself against the wall, placing herself the farthest she could from her father. For some reason, even though it has never happened before; whenever she mad her father mad, she'd think there was a possibility he'd actually physically hurt her.

(Y/n) felt her stomach sinking as she lost all spark of hope she ever had before. Her mind bore into her soul, making her feel unwanted, alone, desperate... just pure despair. The same feelings that would usually make her do something she'd immediately regret. It was as if (Y/n) could no longer even tell if her decisions were impulse made or really logical.

She placed both of her hands over her ears and curled up like a 5-year-old being yelled at by an adult. She did that more often than she believed she did. Her father closed his mouth, believing his yelling was already enough to get her into this state.

"I'm alone... no one is on my side... all I have is myself and black... I have no purpose here... I should just disappear..." She began muttering, causing her father to raise an eyebrow to hear the same negative things she'd always say after getting caught rebelling. One could no longer tell if this was how she actually felt or if she was just bluffing.

A big, buff man entered the room and whispered something into the ear of (Y/n)'s father. Her father eyes her hesitantly before shooing the man away. Her father says and puts down his monocle, getting up from his seat which made the wooden structure shake due to the sudden heavy weight taken off from it.

He bends down gently to (Y/n) and whispers something in her ear.

__________

Hiccup was pissed. He was beyond upset that he seemed to be leading his friends to their very deaths and all for what? Toothless and some random girl they barely even know? Heck, she was literally a traitor! She stole their dragons! The fact that they actually came here for her (Toothless aside) blew his mind. All of a sudden he did not agree to whatever thought he had earlier.

He couldn't believed he had almost fully convinced himself (Y/n) wasn't a traitor.

"AAH! I'm so dumb!" Hiccup kicks the nearby chair of the lodge they were given to for the meantime before proceeding to pace back and forth. The rest of the gang sat there, chilling as they too tried to process what they had just been told on the way here.

They had just been told that they were required to work together with (Y/n) to prove that dragons could contribute if they were to not die. Now, normally, the fact that their lives were at stake would've freaked him out enough already, but the fact they were informed of how (Y/n) had a record of having absolutely no sense of loyalty to anyone , not even her own family.  They were informed of her potential and how she kept rebelling and doing things her way.

She was out of control right from the start.

"Dang, never seen Hiccup so agitated." Snotlout whistled, placing his dirty brown boots on top of the table top and rested against the wooden chair. "I mean, it's not like it's new that one of us messes up big time and brings us to some life and death situation." He shrugged.

Astrid sighed and walked up to Hiccup. Her arms were crossed but she tapped the anxious boy's shoulder. "Hiccup, calm down. All we really need to do is prove that dragons aren't as bad as they seem. We've done it before, right?" Astrid tries to reassure him, "I mean the fact that we could potentially die aside..."

"Exactly! That's why I'm pissed beyond measure!" Hiccup exclaimed, looking at Astrid as he breathed heavily, "It's the fact I was actually beginning to trust (Y/n) despite seeing the signs of suspicion from her! It's the fact that if Toothless and I just left her to die, none of us would be here right now, stuck in a compromising situation!"

"Woah, he's pissed alright." Ruffnut shivered, looking away from the angry Hiccup.

"Wow, should've left her to die. That's brutal, especially from the "kind-hearted goody-two-shoes Hiccup"." Tuffnut scoffs, "I mean, honestly I don't really care if we hafta go on another adventure again. Adventures are sorta fun."

Hiccup took a deep breath and stormed out of the lodge. He pushed through the vikings standing in his way and kept his mind fixated on clearing up things with the girl that led them to this dilemma. At this point, he'd demand for the answer. They were being forced to do this because of her, he had every right to find out every information he could from her.

For a while, he could only hear the clacking of his metal leg on the wooden floors as he walked towards who-knows-where, all he knew was he was headed towards the docks. He took a huge turn to the left, still uttering words of disbelief to himself, that's when he saw her.

She was just exiting a room with a familiar black ball puff following closely behind. She seemed to be trying to be doing it somewhat sneakily, but by the fact Hiccup had already spotted them was a sign she failed.

Hiccup cross his arms and walked over to them, "I assume you already know?" He says with a stern look on his face. He eyes her (e/c) eyes and Toothless' big, green ones. He looked for any sign of disagreement to what (Y/n) was doing on the Nightfury's face, but he seemed more than fine with how things were.

Toothless had his tongue dangling out of his mouth in a playful way as (Y/n) smiled at Hiccup bitterly. "Yes, I know. I take responsibility for it, however." She says simply. She began walking down to the docks, Hiccup following mindlessly after her.

"It's good to know that you understand your mistake in the upbringing... But you have some explaining to do, (Y/n)." Hiccup says, putting a sharp emphasize on the (Y/n). This sent a shiver down (Y/n)'s spine because she knew that it is often the calm people who are most terrifying when angry.

(Y/n) didn't even bother to look back as they stopped at an empty landing area. No boats nor people were in their proximity. It was simply them and the winds crashing by violently without a care. The wind blew past by them, signalling a storm was probably about to come pretty soon.

"How about I show you instead?" (Y/n) asks, turning her heel to face Hiccup. She seemed determined to prove her point this way. 

Hiccup, however, was skeptical.

"I-I don't think—"

"You can't refuse though. The only way to get there is with Toothless, and I can't ride Toothless since they took away his independent flight gear... However, he still has the dependent flight gear." She grins, raising the familiar, brown, leather saddle to his view.

"I— we are NOT going anywhere until you explain where were even going!"

"Some place private. A hidden gem." (Y/n) answers, "Toothless knows. All you have to do if make sure we don't get sent crashing at the waters."

"No, (Y/n), I want a more detailed explanation as to why—"

"I promise, Hiccup! This will explain everything!" (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, "Everything. Including my reasoning behind doing everything I've done that led up to this very moment. Please... Just trust me this once. I know you're mad, but I really only mean to show you the truth."

Her eyes were pleading. Hiccup could never understand this girl, sometimes she hit him as someone who was never as determined over anything... Yet at times like this, he feels like she'd do anything to make people believe her point.

He uncrosses his arms and sighs, not believing he wasn't learning anything about how he and his friend were literally being held captive. 

"Fine. But if you do anything suspicious, Toothless and I will leave you stranded."