Chapter 1

Her nerves get the better of her and Reyhan finds herself racing to the bathroom to get rid of the large cup of coffee she just drank.

"It's not like this is the first time you've done this," she reminds her mirror image after she's done being sick, the eyes in the reflection red rimmed and decidedly unromantic. "You're just seducing your husband."

Being with Emir that first time wasn't completely unpleasant, she'll admit. But it was more like something she was taught had to be done to be a proper wife. So she'd done it. And once Emir made his anger filled vow to never touch her again, she was hurt. Her pride was hurt. But deep down she was relieved she didn't have to repeat the experience with someone she barely knew.

Their reconciliation after their summer apart brought up feelings Reyhan had never felt before. She and Emir were closer than they had ever been and suddenly, she realized she wanted to be with him again. And when he suggested they go away and spend a few nights in a hotel after their little ring ceremony in the park two months ago, she knew he wanted to be with her too.

"What do you think?" Emir had asked her as he took her hand and guided her into the hotel. He knew she had hardly ever had this opportunity. She had gone from life in her little village to life in the Tarhun Mansion. No time, or money, for hotel stays in between. Especially not one as fancy as that one had been.

The room had been especially beautiful. It had been decorated with roses and balloons that made Reyhan smile. A bottle of champagne sat next to a box of chocolate on the table by the entrance and Emir had decided to chill it for later. While he went out to get ice, she picked up one of the roses to inhale its sweet scent. And a voice from out in the hall froze her blood.

"Emircim! What a coincidence!"

Reyhan had simply closed her eyes and let out a big sigh.

What in the world was Cemre doing there?