Chapter 4

Emir has been away on a business trip all week. So when he walks through the doors of the mansion, he only has one thought on his mind ... Reyhan.

Instead, he's faced with a different reality.

"Emir. Welcome home, Canim," Cemre greets him, and he finds himself wondering for not the first time why she's in his home. He really isn't sure if she's living there or if she's just always visiting.

The way she's ordering Nigar to get his luggage, it would appear she's living there. He will have to remember to have a talk with Nigar and the rest to remind them who gives the orders. And it's not the guests. No matter how much at home they've made themselves.

"I got my bags. Thanks, Nigar," Emir insists. "I'll take them myself and say hello to Reyhan. She's in the room?"

"Well she's not here greeting her husband like a good wife should," Cemre mutters, drawing a side eyed glance from Emir.

"What was that?" he asks, not sure if he really heard what he thought he heard.

"Nothing," Cemre says, a forced smile on her face. "But why don't you let me fix you something to eat. You must be hungry after being on the road for so long. Plus, I have something important to talk to you about. If Reyhan couldn't be bothered to meet you, then surely she can wait a few minutes."

"Cemre!"

"Please, Emir. It's really important."

He sighs, and stares longingly at the bedroom door. He's too eager to see Reyhan. Cemre will have to wait.

"Give me five minutes," he finally agrees. Quite reluctantly. He still isn't sure what business Cemre has in the mansion, but it may be time to gently urge her to get back to her own life so that she stops interfering in his.

At Cemre's pout he simply rolls his eyes in exasperation. Definitely time to get her out of his hair.

Walking into the room, his eyes land on the couch and what awaits him there. It has him stopping in his tracks and he barely has enough brain cells left to remember to close the door.

"Welcome home," Reyhan says, a small shy smile on her face belying the seductive way she's stretched out in front of him. Her hair falls in shiny, loose waves over one shoulder. One bare shoulder, he notes, the shirt she's wearing far too large to fit properly.

"I borrowed your shirt," she tells him needlessly.

He bites his lip as his eyes roam her body, from her huge eyes down to her bare feet, with what seems like miles of bare skin in between. His shirt comes to her mid thighs, and he finds himself fascinated with how long her legs are. How has he never noticed her legs before? That particular topic will definitely require more investigation in the future.

He's hypnotized as she slowly stands and walks towards him. Before he realizes he's reached for her, she's in his arms and he's lifting her up, spinning her around so that her back lands against the door leading into the sleeping area of their room. He nuzzles her neck, breathing in the sweet scent she always wears and placing a tiny line of kisses. He blindly reaches for the door handle to get into the bedroom and get closer to the bed when the sound of a different door opening pauses his journey.

"You said five min-..."

A gasp cuts the sentence short and he angrily looks towards the intruder.

"Cemre," he growls when realization sinks in.

He hears a slight surprised squeak out of Reyyan as she desperately tries to get out of his arms. Her wiggling isn't do much to help his present state of arousal, so he sets her down, cringing when she runs into the bedroom and slams the door behind her. Shutting him out.

"Out," is all he says, stomping towards Cemre and so he can make sure that door is closed and locked this time.

"Emir," Cemre whimpers.

"Out," he repeats, wondering why she's still standing there. "We'll talk tomorrow."

He slams the door in her face. Probably a bit harder than is necessary. He wonders what's the possibility of picking things up with Reyhan right where they left off. But when he makes it into the bedroom, he sees her on the bed. Fully clothed. In pair of pajamas that don't exactly scream sexy.

With a resigned sigh, he changes his clothes and climbs in the bed with her, relieved when she turns to cuddles in his arms.

"For the record," he says, kissing her cheek. "I really loved my surprise. You're so sweet. And at the same time, very sexy, Reyhan Hanim. I'm a lucky man."

"Don't try and sweet talk me," she warns playfully. "You should be trying to make it up to me."

He gets a huge grin as he rolls her over on top of her. Making it up to her is exactly what he intends to do.