Chapter 17

Well done, Cavidan.

Cavidan mentally congratulates herself for the victory. She knew she'd be able to get that filthy girl out of her house and out of her son's life if she tried hard enough.

"What's that smile for?" Cemre asks, coming around the corner with a sour look on her face.

"What's that scowl for?" Cavidan asks in return. "Today is the day all of our dreams come true."

"Are you sure about that? Because I just saw Emir and that girl together in bed again. I thought I was going to kill her."

"Are they in bed together now?" Cavidan asks with a smug grin. "I told you to trust me, Kızım. I told you I'd make her leave. And she's leaving."

"No way," Cemre says, starting to get excited.

"And even better ... Emir is putting her out. Not me," Cavidan laughs. "Isn't it great to be on the winning side?"

"How did you manage that?"

"Emir found out about the sleeping pills in the tea. He was angry, but ultimately defeated. He realized he can no longer fight me or my wishes. So he asked me what I wanted. I told him I wanted her gone. He's having Nigar pack her bags as we speak. And he went to the office to call his lawyer."

Cemre can't help the happy little scream.

"This is too good to be true," she says. "Are you really sure this time?"

Cavidan just shrugs.

"Let's go see for ourselves," she suggests, putting a finger up to her lips to indicate they should be silent as they sneak towards the office where Emir is. The door is cracked and they're able to hear what he is saying.

"And make sure I get a copy of the finalized divorce papers as soon as possible. Then immediately file the paperwork for replacement identification documents in her maiden name. Oh, and one last thing. Check into the process to get a mother to relinquish parental rights in order for an adoption to take place."

The two women sense Emir walking towards the door and quickly leave before they're caught. Cavidan drags Cemre outside to the patio because she can see the girl is barely able to contain her excitement.

"You were right, Cavidan teyze," Cemre practically squeals. "He's divorcing her. And he's making it so I can adopt the baby. I don't know how you did it, but you really did it. Or should I say, Cavidan anne."

Cemre's excitement has her grabbing Cavidan for a hug. Cavidan immediately pushes her away.

"Get yourself together, Girl. We can't give ourselves away," she warns Cemre. "You go and get yourself ready. And tell your mother to get ready. The moment this divorce is final, Emir and I will be over to ask for your hand."

Cavidan manages to send Cemre on her way with a promise to keep the girl informed on how things are going. As far as potential daughters in law go, Cemre is a definite improvement over Reyhan. But the girl is crazy and unstable. Cavidan didn't realize how crazy and unstable she is until recently. Now that she thinks about it, she can do better for her son. She'll quietly let it leak that her son will be available soon and see who bites at the offer. Finally, Cavidan will have the status and power she deserves. She'll be in the elite where she belongs. And then no one will be able to hold her back anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So this is really happening," Reyhan comments, watching Nigar bring the last of Zeynep's things into the room. She takes the clothes and puts them in a suitcase while giving the books and things to Emir to pack into the boxes. Emir will bring all the boxes and whatever else is left when he packs his things later. Right now, they're just taking enough stuff to make Cavidan believe Reyhan has moved out.