Chapter 3

Forty five minutes later, she had heard the key in the door of their new room and Emir tentatively call out her name. She couldn't hide the smile on her lips or the flush on her cheeks. She still couldn't believe she had had the nerve to do this.

"In here," she had answered him, letting him know where she was. His smile had matched her own when he saw her in the tub, wearing nothing but bubbles.

"I hear you're looking for someone to help you wash your back."

Her cheeks had flushed even more when she remembered the text she had sent him - and the picture along with it - to get him to so abruptly leave his dinner with Cemre.

"Don't get shy on me now," he had said as he rolled up the sleeves to his shirt to avoid getting it wet. He had slowly prowled towards her, like a big, dangerous cat with his prey in his sights. Suddenly Reyhan had felt as if she couldn't breathe unless he touched her. And then he did ...

Reyhan blinks away the memory, noting the goofy grin she's now wearing. That night had changed everything. She doesn't know how they went months without touching each other. This week he's been away on business has been torture. It comes on the heels of such stressful times when they could barely find the time and energy to hold each other through the tears and anguish of all they've been through.

Immediately following their ring ceremony, and upon their return from the hotel, Cavidan had been shot. A man had walked up to her right on their own property and simply shot her. They barely had time to deal with that before the police arrested and detained Hikmet for organizing the shooting. Then Suna went away. And then Hikmet was injured. He was just released from the hospital and it's been both physically and emotionally draining learning to live with how he is now. All Reyhan wants is some time with Emir. They need to relax and recharge and they manage to do that by being together.

He seemed to like her surprise at the hotel two months ago. Reyhan is eager to see how he'll like the surprise she has waiting for him tonight.