O.N.E

Joe's POV

''Mum is sick,'' Those words hit me. That was six months ago, but still feels like yesterday.

My Mum has breast cancer. We were told she could have up to two years. Could, being the operative word.

I'd had about six different jobs to get more money so I can look after her, but I was struggling. Nothing was enough. Not enough money in my bank account was helping fund Mum's treatment.

Until I'd seen one job.

The Royal King and Queen of Wales Mr. And Mrs. Buswell require a live in assistant for Princess Miss Dianne Buswell.

No experience necessary, please read on for more information.

Should I?

I mean, I'd have to move to Wales. But the money will be more than enough to fund Mum's treatment and to hopefully make her better.

I read more about the role, contacting the number on the form.

I was required to send across a CV and then had a telephone interview.

Would they really want me working for them? As apposed to someone who is richer, rather than me, someone they would call a pauper?

I guess it is just the waiting game now.

The Next Day

My phone rings, making me jump.

'Hello Joe speaking?'

'Hello, sir. Mr Sugg, is it?'

'It is. Yes.'

'Sir, we'd like to offer you the job as Miss Buswell's assistant. When can you make the move to Wales?'

I was shocked to say the least, but I replied. 'Wow, thank you. I can move as soon as you need me to.' I admit.

'Great. If you can get down for tomorrow, then we'll have your room set up ready for you.'

'Sure I'll get sorted now. Thank you.'

''Thank you, sir. See you tomorrow.'

I thank him again before hanging up.

Walking into Mum's room I see her sat up. ''Morning, you're looking brighter this morning''

''Morning my boy. I'm feeling OK today. How are you this morning?''

''I'm good. Mum, I've got some news.''

''Oh? Good or bad?''

''Well it depends on how you look at it,'' I pause. ''Yesterday I applied for a job. A good one at that. It's working as an assistant. But not just for anyone. It's for the Royals. The King and Queen of Wales.'' I finish.

''My boy,'' She smiles weakly. ''That's amazing news. I'm so proud of you.''

''Thanks Mum,'' I smile. ''But that means I'll have to move to Wales.''

''Then do it. It's fine. This is a great opportunity.''

''But what about-?''

''Me?'' I nod. ''Joseph,'' She shakes her head. ''So selfless. But I'll be fine. I've got Zoe and Alfie. Joe, go. I know why you're doing this. You're doing it for me. And I love you, so much, for doing that. Take this job, please.''

''OK. As long as you're OK.''

''I'll be fine. Don't do this for me, do it for you. I can get my treatment with yours and Zoe's help. But you deserve this opportunity. Bring me a daughter in law home.'' She jokes.