E.I.G.H.T

Just a quick little note to say... This was only meant to be a side project and so, I wasn't expecting to enjoy writing this one as much as I thought I would. Also, the comments, love and support I've had for this is so overwhelming. I honestly cannot thank you all enough this is why I am continuing to write chapters because you guys give me the motivation to do so.

Sorry I'm rambling, on with the chapter..

Narrator's POV
Today was a special day for not only Joe and Dianne but also Joe's mum, Tracey. As she was meeting her potential daughter in law for the first time, and also she had some news to share with the both of them.

The familiar roaring of Joe's car pulling up into the driveway made Tracey jump from her seat, and their dog, Hector, the labrador, to bark as she went to greet them.

Tracey's POV

I was meeting my sons gorgeous girlfriend, Dianne for the first time and I'm so excited to meet her.

I also have some exciting news for Joe, which I can't wait to tell him.

The familiar roar of Joe's car meant they were here. Shushing Hector, I jump up and head outside.

My heart melted at the sight in front of me. Joe had opened Dianne's door for her, before getting her bag and wrapping an arm around her shoulder and placing a quick kiss on her lips. This made me so, so happy and emotional. He looks so in love. He deserves all the happiness in the world and I can see Dianne loves him too. Especially after Eve, this is exactly what he needs and deserves. Happiness and love.

"Hi Mum, how ya doin'?" Joe asks, hugging me.
"I'm good, son, how are you?" I ask.
"I'm good. You're looking really well today," He says. "this is Dianne, my girlfriend." He grins proudly.

"Hi sweetheart, it's so lovely to meet you." I smile.
"It's so lovely to meet you, Mrs. Sugg." Dianne smiles nervously.
"Oh Dianne, sweetheart, please call me Tracey," I smile. "and please, don't be nervous." She smiles letting out a little giggle. I already love her.

_ _ _ _

"Aww. Oh my God, Joe," Dianne coos. "wook at ikkle baby Joe." She says in a baby voice. I was showing her Joe's baby pictures, much to Joe's embarrassment.