It begins

Hosuh

I look in a storage bin and search for any useful items. Nothing. One of my friends walks over and tapped me on the shoulder. We couldn't talk in the gas masks, it fogged them up. He nodded his head in the direction of another box, making his spiky yellow hair bounce. I got up to check what wanted my attention for. There was some food and first-aid, as well as car gas. We were running low on supplies and needed some restock. Life had been like this for awhile now. Drive, stop, raid, drive again. Just me and my three friends in the middle of the Tainting.

It had been five years since the Tainting. The air was too polluted to go outside without a gas mask. My roommate Stephen brought out his collection of knives, grenades, and gas masks. Stephen was an interesting person, or one might even say insane. He had a fascination in murder, robbery, knives, and god knows what else. This lunatic that is my roommate has a short fluffy purple mohawk and dark brown eyes. He was rather tall to me for 19 year old, especially when I'm short. Stephen called our other two friends and drove to pick them up at their house. He said that there was safety in numbers for this sort of thing as long as those people were trusted. Daniel and Jay were definitely trusted by Stephen, therefore the other two members of the Karambits. I wanted to be called something else, but Stephen and Jay both agreed that it was a great name. So me and Daniel went with it. Stephen is the leader of the Karambits, and I call him a grape.

Jay had spiky yellow hair and was the same height as Stephen. You cant see Jay ́s eyes, there like black and tan lines on his face. They both had murderous aspects and Jay had been expelled from five schools. He was teasing and sometimes mean, but would protect his friends with his own life. He was the strongest out of all of us. Jay looks at Chernobyl and says that it's just a Saturday. He was Stephen ́s second in command, and his nickname is lemon.

And last is Daniel. Daniel has short, lime green hair. But I call him a kiwi. He loves to do RPG games to pass time in the car, and it's very annoying. He also tries to stop Stephen and Jay from killing everything, and mostly succeeds. Daniel loves playing pranks on me, but always apologizes after when I start crying. His role is the scout.

And then there is me. I have silver hair that's alay tied into a ponytail. In the group, I'm the little sibling. The one that everyone is prone to protect, the weak one as an outsider might say. Im merciful, I will admit it. I like animals, drawing, stuff like that. Everyone in the Karambits get stuff for me like sketchbooks, pencils, stuffed animals, and other things. I'm rather small for a 19 year old, but that never stopped me from surviving the Tainting. I'm the medic.

The Tainting was when everyone started moving to higher ground, like mountains, to get away from the air down by beaches. In the Tainting, there are three main kinds of people. There are the Rabbits, who decide to move and leave everything else behind. These are the politicians, the people that wasted the clean air away. Then there are the Vultures, the ones who stay and move around. The Karambits are Vultures. We loot evacuated neighborhoods, restaurants, and stores. And then there are the Healers. These are the people that try to help in any way they can. They give out water, food, and supplies. They try to reach out to Vultures like us, but the Karambits avoid them. We don't want to become a Rabbit, relying on free food and government control to keep us alive. We need to only rely on ourselves and each other, and that's all we need.

TBC