Part 6/7

Daniel P.O.V

Me and Hosuh have been walking for a long time. I've lost track of how many minutes have gone by. Hosuh looks determined, but tired and weak. My ribs were aching and I wasn't sure how much longer I could carry Jay. It was cloudy and looked like it would rain soon. I nudged Hosuh and nodded towards a spot where we could rest. He sighed and reluctantly nodded. I gently placed Jay down on the ground and sat next to Hosuh. He looked like he wanted to keep walking, but stayed put.

Do you think we can find people that can help?

I don't know. Hopefully we can. I can check the map and see.

He took out a map and started to trace the roads. After a good five minutes, Hosuh nudged me and pointed to a road on the map. He traced it and pointed to where it leads. I see that there is a town. The town is where the healers stay, everyone knows that. Hosuh sits up, grabs Stephen, and hoists him up and starts walking. I scramble to follow him, lifting up Jay and carrying him bridle style. Me and Hosuh walk for a good three hours before the outline of a town appears on the horizon. I point it out to Hosuh, and he gets all excited. Even though we were both exhausted, we ran along the road. The town was getting larger and larger, my legs were screaming in protest but I kept running. Running this fast alone is difficult but carrying Jay? It was almost impossible, but not hopeless. We only start to slow down once we are at the front gates of the town. I turn to Hosuh and he nods, so we keep going forwards. We scan the buildings, looking for any sign of life. This town looked abandoned, a ghost town almost. Hosuh bumped me with his shoulder and tilted his head to a house. This house had lights on, and shadows moving. I get a boost of adrenaline and almost forget that I have the weight of another full grown human to carry. Hosuh started to advance towards the house and I follow. We get to the front porch, and Hosuh kicks his foot three times on the door. He couldn't use his hands, so that was the best he could do. I hear some shuffling and the door opens. We are grabbed and pulled inside by two pairs of hands. For a moment I lay on the ground on my back, trying to figure out what had just happened. Then I remembered I was carrying Jay, and I looked around for him. He was no longer in my grasp, and Hosuh didn't have a hold of Stephen anymore. I look up to see two guys with Jay and Stephen slung over their shoulders. Hosuh gets up onto his feet and takes his mask off, I did the same.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I should be asking you that." The man with Jay said. "And why are you in our territory?"

"As embarrassing as it is, we need help." I stepped in. "We got in a crash and both of our friends are injured. We didn't have enough supplies of experience to figure out how to help them."

The two men looked at each other, then back at us. They dumped Stephen and Jay onto the ground and turned their backs on us.

"The Chief will see you soon." One of them said behind their shoulders. And they both disappeared. 

Hosuh P.O.V

The two men leave the room and I crumple to the ground. I give out a long, heavy sigh and look up at Daniel.

"We are so freaking skewed." I say to him. " As soon as Jay and Stephen figure out we went to Healers for help, they are going to be so mad."

"But they will also be alive." Daniel says as he sits down next to me. "If we did not seek help, what would have happened?"

"True." I had to admit it. We would have been helpless alone. "I keep on wishing that this was just another one of your stupid pranks."

Dan scoffs at this. "I wouldn't have the heart to do something like this to you." A girl stepped into the room.