Part 5

Hosuh P.O.V

Everything hurt. My ribs, back, my head. I slowly opened my eyes, not to fast to hurt. My mask was on, blocking my peripheral vision. But I could see trees, metal, the broken remains of the car, and Jay. Jay was limp on the ground, but breathing shallow breaths. He had no mask, so I panicked. I scrambled up to find on of the masks even though my body screamed in protest. I rummaged around the rubble and found a mask, so I ran over to Jay and strapped it onto his head. I hoped it wasn't too late for him, who knows how long he had been inhaling the air. His eyes didn't move, but at least his chest was. I survey my surroundings. I see Daniel a few feet away, limp across the dry ground. His mask was on tightly, and he was breathing. But there was no sign of Stephen anywhere. I decided to look in the car, but I was afraid to. Slowly, I peak into the car. The top was torn off, the back doors ripped into shreds. There was no way anyone could have survived this crash. Yet I did. And hopefully the rest did too.

I see fluffy purple hair, attached to a body. Stephen was lightly breathing, less than Jay. He had taken a lot of impact from the crash.

¨Stephen.¨ I said weakly. I knew that it would fog up the masks, but I didn't care. ̈ ̈Wake up.¨

I run and grab some medical supplies from the trunk, and rush back to Stephen. He had a mask on, but his lungs were not the only problem. I needed help. My first thought was Daniel. He was the one that was breathing the most. I shake Daniel and he's up with a sudden bolt. Frantically, I sign to him, help. He scrambles up and follows me to the car.

Both Stephen and Jay are out cold.

We need to find help, and quick. I can carry Jay, you carry Stephen.

Okay, we walk to find a safe place.

Do you think we can find one of the Healers?

I stop signing and look at him for a moment. That goes against everything the Karambits stand for. But it was the only way to save Jay and Stephen. I grab two bags and pack them with supplies. Daniel takes one and goes over to Jay. I pick up Stephen bridal style and start walking to the road. Daniel follows me and we walk across the bridge. Who knows how long it is until we find help. We might die before we find anyone that is willing to save Stephen and Jay. Daniel looks at me and I just keep walking. I need to be strong, Stephen and Jay are counting on us.

this was short, but the next part is kinda long. so I figured to not combine it.