Part 3/4

These chapters were too short so I decided to combine them

Jay P.O.V

Everyone says that I'm the strong one. The one that can withstand the sight of the death of anyone, or anything. But today, I had changed. I couldn't take back what was behind that dumpster. All my instincts to go back to the group were overwhelmed by the sight. After awhile, I trudged back to the group. Stephen stopped me before I got back to the car and I shook my head. We all got into the car and Stephen got out this little machine that Daniel made to detoxify the air in the car. Everyone was looking at me, waiting for me to say something. I stayed quiet and crossed my arms, but Daniel had other plans.

̈ ̈What did you see back there?" He asked. ̈ ̈When you put your guard down, we all know something is wrong.¨

̈Yeah, even I agree with Daniel.̈ Stephen says from the driver's seat. ̈And that never happens ̈

I stayed silent and set my gaze to the window. Everyone eventually give up and we start driving again. I knew what I saw was real, not a very big deal. But to me, it meant the entire world had changed.

 Daniel P.O.V

If you knew Jay, really knew him, you would know something was up. I look at him from the backseat. He was staring off into space, distant. But not the normal Jay distant. More of a ̈¨Hosuh is mad at me because I pranked him again¨ kind of mad. I have known Jay for a good ten years, and he has never been like that. Hosuh starts to hum a song, trying to fill in the silence. The Karambits are a strong-knit team. We were friends before the Poisoning happened. Very close. Me and Jay were roommates in an apartment down the street from Stephen and Hosuh. Nothing much happened. Me and Jay would go over to their apartment often, Hosuh making tea or something. It all seemed different now.

After a good two hours of driving, I couldn't take the silence any more. I tap Hosuh on the shoulder and he looks up. I sign to him since I don't want Jay to hear.

What do you think Jay saw?

I don't know, but it was enough to scare him into backing up.

Nothing makes Jay do that. I live with him, I would know.

You mean lived. We don't live anywhere now. We just survive.

̈ ̈What are you two talking about back there?̈ Stephen asked, looking through the rearview mirror. I glanced at Jay, who was still staring off into space.

̈ ̈Nothing, just when we are going to make the next stop.¨ I responded. Stephen still eyed me suspiciously.

̈ ̈Stephen look out!̈ Hosuh yelled. Stephen swerved to the side, dodging an abandoned car.

We tumble off the road and into a thick patch of trees. I shoved my mask on, preparing for the worst. I see Hosuh do the same, but Jay was just sitting there. Watching. And then everything went black.

TBC