I

Chapter I

The large mansion of Eterna sparks bright under the sunlight.

You have had this serene calmness in you as you were driving down the reserved street heading towards the mansions. But now, as you slowly approach the front gate—the massive gold-painted iron gate with the embedded logo "E" on it—you are transfixed in a sense of longing once the travertine stone covered mansion appears right before your eyes.

You have had so many memories with this place, as it had served as your home many years ago. This was where everything had started, the place you lived in, where you were trained and pampered since the very first day you entered their premises at the start of this job. Looking at it now, you are surprised to find yourself feeling melancholic about it. And yet, you also feel like you are currently staring at a distant past.

Not too distant. Not yet, but soon, you tell yourself as you stare ahead while picturing your plans for the future.

A guard steps out of the hidden security station placed behind the huge pillars flanking the gate, grabbing your attention by knocking on your car window, and you simply flash a smile to greet him. The guard nods his head after a brief greeting before he buzzes you in and lets you continue to ride slowly down the driveway towards the mansion.

You have done this and gone through this property countless of times for years. Yet today would be the first time after those years when you finally realise how you have taken all the beauty around you for granted.

The line of green hedges bordering the driveway and the entire front yard had been artistically trimmed the same way for years. The field of green grass that never seems to dry out even in the driest of summer is now coated with fresh water coming from the water sprinklers that are currently running. You still have your car window rolled down, allowing you to breathe in the scent of wet grass and fresh earth. Looking past the grass, your eyes fall onto the deco art statuettes that are placed on the welcoming spots leading to the mansion, which become the perfect icing on top to make the place look even more grande.

After parking your car right in front of the mansion's entrance, you waste no more time and leave it there, then continue to walk up to the massive double door which holds the same intricate golden embossments as the one you saw at the gate.

A curvaceous redhead wearing a leopard patterned bustier and a mini black skirt underneath welcomes you at the reception area. The receptionist, Nayeon, gives you a bright smile as she looks up the moment you enter through the doors.

"______, right on time," she says, opening the door behind her to lead you in.

You follow her as she leads you through the main guest lounge, walking past the few loveseats and bulky sectionals that would usually host a few group meetings and the waiting clients. A few of the working girls are currently occupying the seats, some of them chatting as they enjoy their free time, while the others with phones or glasses in hands, a sign that they are on a schedule and are waiting for the clients to arrive. A gigantic rug is laid at the heart of the room, with a regal design in various shades of dark red, bronze and black which adds a powerful accent for the elegant room. The minibar that is set around the corner is currently open, with the female bartender tending the drinks and a couple of girls are seen sitting there as they wait for their calls.