VII

Chapter VII

Back in the apartment, Yoongi immediately pulls you towards the grand piano in his lounge.

You had failed to see it when you first arrived, for you have only walked around it and had only been looking at it from the other side rather than from its front. But now, as Yoongi leads you to take a seat next to him while he takes his place on his stool to play, you finally notice them—a bunch of papers of sheet music with scribbled notes written messily on them and a title that has been written on top of the page which says 'Moonlight.'

Then Yoongi starts playing on his piano.

What he is playing is a simple tune, compared to the ones you had listened to on his prior performances, yet still beautiful in its simplicity. And it is the same tune that he was humming to you when you danced with him on that fateful night in Milan.

While you are mesmerised by his music, Yoongi stops abruptly and sighs deeply. As you look at him, questioning him silently to inquire why he didn't play it until the end, you are met with his smile before he starts explaining it to you carefully.

"I didn't lie when I said I've been working on this composition for the past year. What I didn't tell you is that I haven't been able to finish it because the only time I could think of a tune was when I spent some time alone with you," he says, taking your hands in his, rubbing your skin gently with his thumb as if he wants to relieve you from your shock. "I meant it when I told you that you are the only one who could help me finish this music. I need help from my muse, and you have been my muse for a long time. The only thing I am hoping from taking you on this trip is not only to be able to finish this music with you by my side, but also to show you that you are the only one who could be that person—which I am hoping is willing to continue doing so in the future."

"Is that why you went through all the trouble? Planning this trip and for taking me with you?" you ask him while you are reminded of what he had said to you at the beginning of this whole trip. The moment he confirms your thoughts with a simple nod, you push yourself off of your seat and walk away, turning your back on him to clear your mind for a moment.

But then another question comes to mind, and you turn to him to ask them, "Why have you never told me anything about this? Why wait until now? Why are you doing it like this?"

Yoongi gives you a smile and makes his way closer to you. "You always had your mind set on your goal, always knew what you wanted and you have made plans on how you wanted to reach it. I didn't want to interfere with that by making advances to you when you weren't ready, when the possibility of having something permanent would seem more like it would hamper you down from reaching your dreams." He reaches up, brushing a finger up to your cheek before moving his thumb across your brows, easing the creases that have appeared as you were listening to him.