III

Chapter III

Your confusion and shock only start to wear off as you are sitting inside Yoongi's private jet.

With your hands gripping at the armrests of your seat just as the jet is starting to move slowly down the runway, you keep your eyes on Yoongi, returning his gaze as he is watching you silently. You have yet to exchange any word other than have Yoongi explain about the flight, about the next destination you are heading to, and some other inquiries regarding your passport and other documents which you need to prepare upon departing.

But no other explanation has been added to stop your mind from reeling over this sudden arrangement.

You cannot deny that you are feeling agitated about all of this and it is not because of the flight. This would not be the first trip abroad you had been on, with a few experiences in the past where your regulars had taken you to join them on their business trips before. Granted, this one is still able to make you feel nervous and completely right on edge.

Perhaps it is all because you had never once imagined that Yoongi would ever hire your 'service', when each encounter you have had with him in the past had all happened in the form of friendship, of him being your confidant. And now when his role has changed, you are left wondering what all of this really means and where your relationship now lies.

How are you supposed to act now when your 'friend' had paid you to be something else than just?

Yoongi has taken the seat right across from yours, allowing you to sit face to face during the flight. As the private jet speeds up and slowly ascend to its height, neither of you says a thing. Until the jet steadies itself the moment it reaches its designated height in the sky, moving steadily away from the city, when Yoongi finally starts to talk.

"You have questions."

His tone is calm as he speaks, just the way he usually does. But the amused look in his eyes is hard to miss.

"Do I?" you ask him, raising your brows. Meanwhile, Yoongi only grins at you.

"You certainly look like it."

Scoffing, you choose to taunt him without hiding the cynical tone in your voice. "I look like what? Like I'm about to flee or jump out of the plane?"

"No, just—I can see it in your eyes," he says, shrugging.

Once again, you fall silent. It is no longer the shock that leaves you speechless, but the fact that you have tons of questions you want to throw at him and you have no idea which one to choose from.

"I have no idea where to start."

Yoongi sighs, as if he understands what you are thinking. Leaning forward, he takes your hand in his before he starts rubbing his thumb gently on the back of your hand. "Why don't you start by asking me 'why'?"