Freckles and Constellations

Markhyuck !
__________

The night sky had quickly wrapped around the earth once time fell, and with that the small balls of light had begun to emerge as well. Being on the countryside resulted in brighter and clearer constellations appearing before an individuals very eyes. Every last one being visible, causing people to go stargazing for hours upon ends. It had been quiet, although you could still make out calming sounds of the nearby stream rushing through, or small crickets chirping in the distance. It wasn't entirely late, maybe around midnight, but the dark had come quick this particular night. The world had lay still in this very moment, and nothing else mattered to the two teenaged boys lying in the centre of the open field.

They stayed in a comfortable silence, neither of them speaking; the only sound from their bodies was their mellow breath. A distance stood between them, small but present, and the one boy hadn't even took a notice to the other looking his way, rather than the night sky.

The small boy would much rather stare at his crush, it was a rare moment where he could really study his features without the other noticing. From his sharp nose hook, to his soft pink lips, to his seagull brows, and back to his eyes; which were now full of stars from the view above them. Donghyuck's face was pulled into a small smile, but his eyes held a small emotion of pain as he wished to move closer to the boy next to him. But he wasn't allowed to.
Mark wasn't his, and probably never would be.

But he quickly shook off the thought as the boy he was drooling over took his gaze off the stars and turned to the already staring individual. Rather than pulling a disgusted look, he shared a small smile with Donghyuck, which the other gladly returned.

He sucked in a breath before speaking to the older.

"It's extremely pretty tonight, thank you for coming with me, Mark."

Mark didn't speak up right away, but took several seconds to look the others features up and down, going up from his eyes back down to Donghyuck's plump lips. But he showed another smile.

"No problem, Sunshine."

The smaller boy bit his lip, and turned his attention back up to the stars, trying his best to hold back his flushing cheeks. Mark had been calling him that name since they were children, but having developed feelings for the boy since they were young kids resulted in his heart beating abnormally faster than it should have been all these years. Not to mention the fact he took notice to the older eyeing his lips; although he quickly denied all fantasies that rushed to his pretty head.

He heard Mark let out a small sigh from next to him, and he grew worried that something was wrong, maybe he himself had done something wrong.

Donghyuck had always worried himself when it came to Mark, he noticed the older growing distant from him as the years went by; Donghyuck would ask to spend time with him only to get shut down, and find Mark hanging out with his frat boy friends along with girls clinging to their arms.

So he gathered all his thoughts into one to try and start some sort of conversation with the other, in case Mark had grown bored.
Before he could speak any words, the older beat him to it, having never took his eyes off the small boy next to him.

"Have you always had this many freckles?"

Donghyuck drew his eyebrows together, as he turned his head to look back towards the older.

"I'm not sure."
It was Mark's turn to grow a puzzled face, he then drew back his arms that had rested under his own head, before turning onto his side to really focus on the boy next to him.

"What do you mean?"

Donghyuck stared, trying to come up with an answer.

"I don't know.. I don't spend a lot of time at the mirror."