▪︎part sixty seven▪︎

Y/n sat silently watching as people bowled, the sound of pins clattering all around them. Five sat below her, leaning between her knees, his brow furrowed in thought. She absentmindedly coursed her hands through his hair, loving the soft, fluffy feeling of it as his neatly groomed hair became more like bed head. He didn't seem to mind though as he formulated a plan, knowing whatever Luther was going to come up with would end in disaster.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare." Luther told the group, dragging his eyes away from Y/n's hands. "For what?" Diego asked agitated with his brother. Because of him they had just lost everything they ever knew. And yet he still wanted to play leader? "For whatever it takes to stop Vanya." Luther answered. "Luther." Y/n snapped as Allison hit him with her notepad. "I-I-" He stammered, frustrated that he always got backlash for trying to do what he thought was best. "We may not have a choice!" Luther explained as the group collectively rolled their eyes. Klaus flipped open the newspaper he had held onto in search of clues that might help them.

"Bullshit, there's always options." Diego argued. "Yeah, like what?" Five asked. To this, Y/n tugged his hair, jerking his head to the side. He winced looking up at her before realizing the harshness of his words. "I hate to side with Luther, you know I do but we can't do anything without a plan. I want to help Vanya too but she may be too far gone to reason with." Five sighed as Y/n's hands retracted from his head. "Did you think I was too far gone?" She questioned. The group fell silent as they were reminded of Y/n's horrifying display of violence. Allison still felt her bones chill as images of Luther choking to death replayed in her mind. Luther frowned looking sadly at Y/n. He knew she felt guilty but he also knew it was his fault for getting them all into this.

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find her and fast. She could be anywhere." Y/n decided, breaking the uncomfortable tension she had created. Her heart actually shattered at their silence but rather than be angry at them or herself she focused on the safety of her sister. She needed help. Klaus lowed his gaze back to the newspaper, "Or here." He suggested. The group looked to him as he showed them an advertisement with Vanya on it. "That's right, her concert is tonight." Diego said. "Wait, concert?" Y/n asked, hurt that she hadn't known. Though given the circumstances she would've been more surprised if she did.

'She's our sister.' Allison wrote down quickly showing it to Luther and Y/n agreed with her. They needed to at least try and talk to Vanya instead of just take her out. She wasn't a villian like the ones they had fought as children. This was serious and the situation was too complicated and risky to make rash decisions. "We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We have a responsibility to Dad." Luther said hitting a nerve in each of the siblings' hearts.

"To Dad?! No, I've heard enough about-!" Diego snapped, the comment about Dad making him erupt in fury. "He sacrificed everything to bring us back together." Luther defended. "Well, if he hadn't of driven us apart in the first place, he wouldn't have had to kill himself." Y/n hissed. She was sick of their father. Because of him the world was going to end and he thought that by killing himself, he could leave the mess he created to his children? She had every right to hate him after what he did to her but this? This was unforgivable.

"As much as I want to help Vanya, we can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake. We're past just trying to save one." Five sighed. He cared for his sister and also valued Y/n's opinion more than anything but he really couldn't risk the apocalypse happening again. He just couldn't.

Y/n's face was somber but she remained quiet. She hated how easily everyone had turned on their own sister. Couldn't they see it wasn't her fault? All her life she had been rejected and isolated and now that she had powers and needed them to help her control them, the whole family feared her. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair that she got redemption and Vanya didn't. "Do what you want. But you'll have to go through me first." Y/n promised, void of emotion. Allison nodded, silently agreeing to Y/n act of protest. Five stared at Y/n, pained by her statement. He didn't want to fight her. He didn't even think he was capable of it. He swallowed thickly, hoping whatever she was planning to do to help Vanya worked.